XC Runner hit by deer in race!

Runner collides with deer during race

Oh deer! You’ll never guess who I ran into

Updated: Monday, 01 Nov 2010, 8:36 AM EDT
Published : Monday, 01 Nov 2010, 8:36 AM EDT

[LIST][/LIST]APPLETON, Wis. (AP) - You couldn’t blame Sarah Glidden for having that “deer in the headlights” look — especially after colliding with a deer — while on foot.
Glidden was running a forest course during a cross country race in Wisconsin when an antler-less deer bolted from the woods — and into her path.
After the two bumped into each other, Glidden was able to keep her balance — and both kept running.
The 15-year-old runner says she felt fur brush against her leg, but ended up with only a bruise.
She failed to qualify for the state meet — but says she isn’t sure how much the encounter with the deer affected her run.

When I read the title i thought it was going to be slightly more dramatic

Reminds me of the greatest XC runner- Deer confrontation:

Emily buck of Deerborn County

this almost happened to me like a month ago on a long run. A deer ran out from the woods, came inches from running into an oncoming vintage mustang and came so close to me i could have touched it. I could feel the sand it was kicking back hitting me in the shins. It was cool but kinda scary

Similar to what happened to us when we faced Hamilton-Wenham last year, but it was a horse… A horse named “Sprinkles” had bucked off it’s rider. The female seemed to have the horse under control as we paced cautiously making sure she was okay. Well, after continuing the race, within 15 seconds after we went by her, the horse came galloping down the center of the trail right at us, almost running right over myself and a teammate. We had to play stop and go running because it was on a path that led to Rt. 1A in Hamilton, a very busy road. We couldn’t get around the horse who made it to the other side safely. We continued our race (after posting a 6:30 first mile…) and it ended up being a sprint (which I got caught at the back of) for the remainder of the race. Oh Sprinkles…

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2010/11/by_l_finch_glob_7.html?p1=Upbox_links

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

saw that on the news… that is awesome

when we ran at dartmouth, there were wild turkeys running over the course… it was kinda cool

thats just how the HW does it

Oh come on… A suspension for that? I can see “Hey, the horse has to go NOW.” But, right to suspension? Rough.