What spikes to use thread

Pretty self explanatory.

Now for me… So this outdoor track season is pretty much a wash because I’ve been injured for about 2 months so I’m only gonna be competing for about 1 month. I would say I primarily run the 3200, however I do the lead off in the 4x8 sort of as a race for myself since the team isnt good.

Now the spikes I have: Forevers, Mambas, Matumbos, Blue Vent 2’s. I kind of want to use the matumbos however, Im not gonna be running the best times so I dont wannt look like some “scrub whose parents bought him expensive spikes.” So I was leaning toward the forevers because they’re really comfortable, and it’s not like my 8s are gonna be so fast that the forever will not be agressive enough. Im kinda trying to sell the mambas and vent 2’s so I dunno if I wanna use them.

And not that anyone cares but I just wanna say that I’m so pissed I bought the vent 2’s because I don’t have any use for them and I was just really horny for the spikes at the time. Any opinion?

p.s. how much do BNIB gator mambas size 10,BNib blue vent 2s size 10, and BNIB purple rac3rs size 10.5 sell for?

Go with the lanangs.

Go with the victories.

~65-80 for all of them. Depends of the buyer.

Originally posted by Alex Adkinson@Apr 23 2010, 07:28 PM
[b]Go with the victories.

~65-80 for all of them. Depends of the buyer.[/b]

You mean if I sold all of them I would only get ~$65-80? Or do mean each?

Originally posted by rcs1113+Apr 23 2010, 08:21 PMQUOTE (rcs1113 @ Apr 23 2010, 08:21 PM) <!–QuoteBegin-Alex Adkinson@Apr 23 2010, 07:28 PM

You mean if I sold all of them I would only get ~$65-80? Or do mean each? [/b][/quote]
Each. You can go on the old buy/sell thread and post it there im sure you can get the sale off before it shuts down.

Originally posted by Alex Adkinson+Apr 23 2010, 10:59 PMQUOTE (Alex Adkinson @ Apr 23 2010, 10:59 PM) [quote]Originally posted by rcs1113@Apr 23 2010, 08:21 PM
[b] <!–QuoteBegin-Alex Adkinson
@Apr 23 2010, 07:28 PM

You mean if I sold all of them I would only get ~$65-80? Or do mean each? [/b][/quote]
Each. You can go on the old buy/sell thread and post it there im sure you can get the sale off before it shuts down. [/b][/quote]
I got banned :frowning: This sucks, I will find no place to sell them unless this or jasari picks up, OR people go to ESPN. I dont wanna do ebay because it’s so shiesty.

Originally posted by rcs1113+Apr 24 2010, 06:51 PMQUOTE (rcs1113 @ Apr 24 2010, 06:51 PM) [quote]Originally posted by Alex Adkinson@Apr 23 2010, 10:59 PM
[b] [quote]Originally posted by rcs1113@Apr 23 2010, 08:21 PM
[b] <!–QuoteBegin-Alex Adkinson
@Apr 23 2010, 07:28 PM

Each. You can go on the old buy/sell thread and post it there im sure you can get the sale off before it shuts down. [/b][/quote]
I got banned :frowning: This sucks, I will find no place to sell them unless this or jasari picks up, OR people go to ESPN. I dont wanna do ebay because it’s so shiesty. [/b][/quote]
I can list them for you if you would like.

Originally posted by Alex Adkinson@Apr 23 2010, 07:28 PM

I can list them for you if you would like.

I would appreciate that very much. I’ll write a statement and you could just copy and paste it.
vvv
“For sale: size 10 gator mambas BNIB; size 10 vent 2s blue, BNIB; size 10.5 purple katana rac3rs BNIB, some crappy asics spikes size 10.5 for the black ones, 11 for the yellow/red ones both used a ton.
I will also take offers on the size 10 sample matumbos but because they are used for one mile and one 2 mile then I may not sell them because I will not get enough money to make it worth selling.”
I can also try to work out some kind of deal if you buy multiple pairs.

http://s810.photobucket.com/albums/zz27/rcs1113_2010/

My Email is rcs1113@gmail.com

^^^
Thank you very much for offering to list them. Just copy below and above the arrows.

I have a limited budget so here we go,

i need a good distance spike that i can use for mostly 800’s and 1600’s but the occasional 3200. I was thinking victories, matumbos or, harambees. any suggestions?

plus im starting to think about what cross country spike to get. should i get victory xc’s?

What do you all think?

p.s.- im a noob when it comes to spikes so try to explain your reasoning a little bit so i know what the deal is.

depending on how limited your budget, milers might be a better option than victories. Eastbay has them in every size for 29.99. They’ll be agressive enough for the 800, and you’ll be able to use them for the 3200 too. I also find milers much more comfortable than victories and matumbos.

shoot, they have nothing for the miler between sizes 9.5 and 11.5. im a size 11. Any other suggestions?

Anyone know how the eldo 2’s are? What would you say their ranges would be(could they be decent for the 800?), and are they more aggressive than the matumbo/vent?

Schlotky: The victories are hands down the best spike available for your distances. Agressive, but not too much so for the 3200, great track feel and obviously the weight is amazing and possible the most comfortable spikes on the market. The miler is a second choice if you want a cheaper spike. Ebay is your friend.

For cross go with the 'bees.

RCS: The eldo II is not that popular of a spike its more like 3200-10k. Full length plate, 3 permanent pins. I would say more agressive than the tumbos because those are the least agressive spikes possible. If you are looking for something inbetween try the mambas.

Originally posted by Funnage@Apr 23 2010, 07:06 PM
Go with the lanangs.

QFE

Originally posted by rcs1113@Apr 26 2010, 04:52 PM
Anyone know how the eldo 2’s are? What would you say their ranges would be(could they be decent for the 800?), and are they more aggressive than the matumbo/vent?

Maybe I’m alone in this, but I find the eldo II to be my favourite 800 spike. I’m a natural forefoot striker, so I don’t need anything super aggressive to get up my toes. Most importantly I find the full length plate is just super for power transfer. But that’s just me. I really like my shoes stiff.

edit: Never used the 'tumbos or vents. But they don’t have full length plates.

Originally posted by The Albatross@Apr 29 2010, 04:53 PM
[b] Maybe I’m alone in this, but I find the eldo II to be my favourite 800 spike. I’m a natural forefoot striker, so I don’t need anything super aggressive to get up my toes. Most importantly I find the full length plate is just super for power transfer. But that’s just me. I really like my shoes stiff.

edit: Never used the 'tumbos or vents. But they don’t have full length plates. [/b]

I have been using the victories since they came out, then I ran in the jasari plusses. Before I never really felt the aggressiveness mattered that much in the 800, but the last 200 of the 1500 I was running it I could really tell the plate was not helping me stay on my toes at all. I am a forefoot striker as well, but I think for an 800 the eldo IIs are just way too relaxed.

But maybe I just like agressive spikes.