Usatf & usatf junior results

they’re underway in Eugene

Kaleb Zuidema moved up from eighth to fourth in the jav with 207-9 on his final throw

Novak advances to semis 1:47.60

Jill Smith does not (2:05.62)

Kimarra McDonald does not (2:06.36)

Renee Tomlin & Hazel Clark scratch?

and Chanelle Price 2:36?

Price fell with a little less than 300m to go.

the livestream is USATF - Events - 2010 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships

that’s a shame … real nice kid

I see that Novak’s rival/nemesis Karjuan Williams 1:48.40 was fastest non-qualifier

Sharif Webb and Robby Andrews also advance, so that would be what? 3 of last 7 MOC winners? Into the National Semis, not too shabby

Tomlin ran the 1500 and didn’t make it through.

Molly McNamara qualifies with a second in her heat in the 1500.

Amber Allen top seed going into jr 400h finals

English Gardner places 2nd in final 11.18

McNamarra’s last 400 was 64.4. That’s some good top end speed for the end of a 1500.

Chelsea Cox Makes to to Jr 800 final

Greg Malloy of Cherokee HS placed 12th in the Junior Boys 10,000 today. He ran 32:43.

Greg has turned himself into a very good runner. His soph. year he placed 112th at the Shore Coaches Invitational JV A Race in 20:47! The work that Greg put in deserves to be noticed.

He will continue his running at B.C. next year.

Greg Congrats!

Cal

wow!! talk about doing well at a distance never raced in HS. Great job!

Greg was the top HS finisher in the 10,000.

The success of a Greg Malloy is the essence of our sport. A kid that worked hard, was not afraid to stick his nose in it and who continues to improve and succeed.
I had a conversation with with Coach Shaklee after the Cross season last year and he said that Greg was living proof of what desire and hard work will get you.

Well Done Greg!

How about the often overlooked Julie Culley. 5th in the 5k last night in a new pr 15:21.18. Fantastic racing.

great running by Julie!

Julie has the NJ alum record now

was 15:23.71 by Anne Letko, which I just realized Julie was actually under previously (15:21.87 in 2009)

weird that spouses of three former NJ runners have gone faster

Slattery (15:08.32)
Kenah (15:10.50)
Mykytok (15:17.11)

as has a NJ college grad

Jennings (15:07.92)

and another who was born in NJ

Slaney (15:06.53)

and one from right across the river

Steeley (15:08.67)

Former spouse in the case of Night Rider (Mykytok). Boy, could she run…unreal talent. In my semester at NC State in '94, took spring break trip to Gainesville and stayed with them…Laura later came to stay with us in Raleigh for a few weeks. She defied any sort of possible description or categorization. She won some big races over a couple of years just as the 5000m was starting to be run more often. She should have run 14:40’s.

Culley really ran tough. Thought she looked to be struggling a bit, maybe dinged up, a bit of a hitch, but hung in there, and fought through quite a few people over the last 2k or so.

Kind of a shame that all these distance races in pretty good conditions in Eugene have been pretty slow and tactical (exception women’s 10k).

For what its worth, its taking whatever amount of maturity, class, dignity that I may or may not have to not say something about Rupp’s mask. I said something anyway, I suppose.

Grote

nice story on Miki Barber making the US team

http://www.universalsports.com/news-blogs/blogs/blog=blockheadblog/postid=539027.html#barber+refuses+throw+flag