The album art thread

With the success of quite a few music threads I thought I’d be original and start another. Post some great album art.

A kid with a cigarettes is pretty powerful image. I feel like this rough and tumble girl is good representation of the vibe the album puts off. Reminds me of the movies Paper Moon and The Professional, both with iconic scenes featuring young girls smoking cigarettes.

^much better than the book.

A+ for originality

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_WpTv8aFPT88/TEc7aeZtCuI/AAAAAAAAAyU/oS0qhY07Yck/s1600/Folder22.jpg

Always has been one of my favorites.

Regina Spector: Soviet Kitsch
Soviet Kitsch is the third album by Regina Spektor. The title is drawn from Milan Kundera’s expression for the vacuous aesthetics of communism, a theme in his book The Unbearable Lightness of Being. One version of the album was released with a bonus DVD, which included a short promotional film titled The Survival Guide to Soviet Kitsch and the music video for the song “Us”.

Track listing
“Ode to Divorce” – 3:42
“Poor Little Rich Boy” – 2:27
“Carbon Monoxide” – 4:59
“The Flowers” – 3:54
“Us” – 4:52
“Sailor Song” – 3:15
“* * *” – 0:44
“Your Honor” – 2:10
“The Ghost of Corporate Future” – 3:21
“Chemo Limo” – 6:04
“Somedays” – 3:21
Track 7, or “Whisper”, is a brief spoken word piece in which Spektor and her brother, Barry (Bear) Spektor, discuss the following song (“Your Honor”). The band backing Spektor on “Your Honor” is Kill Kenada.
Spektor’s first two albums were released exclusively in the United States; Soviet Kitsch, Begin to Hope, and Far were released worldwide. The compilation Mary Ann Meets the Gravediggers and Other Short Stories, containing songs from Spektor’s first three albums, was assembled for the UK market.

Sigur Ros - Með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust… you can look it up yourself

got a censored version to avoid ban.

read that as “mikel me” loled hard

NIN year zero. It’s supposed to go with the line from an earlier song, “The Wretched”:
the clouds will part and the sky cracks open
and god himself will reach his fcukin arm
through
just to push you down
just to hold you down

The disk goes from black to white with mostly 0’s and 1’s when heated up a bit (easily done by playing the album through).

One of the greats.

I was just about to post this.

Instead, I’ll go with one of my other favorites:

The Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream

Here’s one for WiT: