So I just finished "Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs" by Chuck Klosterman

And holy **** his writing style is nearly identical to Ortho’s posts. I wonder how uncanny the resemblance will be with the author of Infinite Jest when I get around to reading it…

But it was a pretty good book whenever he wasn’t talking about music or attempting to simplify complex things with annoying arrogance.

ANYONE ELSE READ IT?

Cocoa puffs are great.

Sex is great… unless its with a fat chick

Or you can have sex with a skinny chick as she eats Cocoa puffs… and watch her become a fat chick.

I’m kind of indifferent to the guy, but I have to say he got destroyed in this article and it is a spectacular read: http://www.nypress.com/article-8054-the-flip-flop-king.html

I’ve enjoyed a lot of his articles, but his book are just OK to me. He’s a good writer, and at times it feels like no one knows that more than him.

That’s a good one. There’s another I’ve read that eviscerates him similarly. I’ll post it if I can find it.

I enjoyed the book enough. I read it senior year of high school so it’s been a while. I thought the part about the sims was neat. And the “Saved by the Bell” chapter was cool too. It wasn’t as good as everyone told me it was going to be but I liked it. My dad read Fargo Rock City by him and really liked it a lot, probably more than I liked Sex Drugs and Cocoa Puffs.

I actually find Klosterman pretty annoying.
But then, maybe some people feel that way about me.

I like him and his writing but Sex Drugs and Coco Puffs was just alright. He had some interesting concepts but I felt as though he just dragged it on. Haven’t read it in awhile though so my opinion is limited