Section 1 Class Meets


#1

Class A & C on Friday at Clarkstown South and Valhalla, and Class B on Saturday in Pearl River.
Last weekend of the year for most of Section 1.
Everyone be safe and leave everything on the track!


#2

Class C is tomorrow at Valhalla and steeple was today at Byram Hills. Bronxville boys are leading Pawling 14-11 going into tomorrow looking for a 7th straight sectional title.


#3

I’ll be going for sub-4:20 in the 1600m on friday!


#4

I got most of it right like usual. :rolleyes:


#5

As of right now Kevin’s looking like a scratch for Class A Friday with an undetermined toe injury. Doesn’t look like a break, but we’ll know more over the next day or so.


#6

Class C Meet has been postponed to Tuesday due to weather :frowning:

Edit: Possibly Saturday since state q’s starts Thursday.


#7

I hope class A doesn’t get postponed…


#8

Not looking great for tomorrow or Saturday. Section 1 Qualifier entries are due Sunday night, too. I wonder how that works out.

Kev’s definitely a scratch even if they postpone. Slight sprain of a toe, no fracture. He’s down til Saturday but should be good for the qualifier.


#9

With athletes competing for final top 16 performances in DI or DII, the class meets often bring out some of the season’s best peformances. For athletes looking to secure a top 16 spot in the Division II Section 1 State Qualifier, the Class C schools have a distinct advantage for some final outstanding performances by competing on Tuesday (which is supposed to be perfect weather) over the Division II schools in Class B who are competing tomorrow (low 50s and rain).


#10

All seeds have to be in by Sunday Night, eliminating any chance for certain athletes who were planning on qualifying for their event at Sectionals, a pretty normal occurrence. Distinct disadvantage.


#11

The easy thing to do is extend the entry deadline to the evening of the day on which the last sectional meet (A, B or C) in section 1 takes place.

If the Class C meet was moved to Tuesday, I don’t see how the entry deadline cannot be extended.


#12

Having entries due midnight Tuesday for a meet that starts Thursday cuts things pretty close logistically.


#13

To continue with my earlier post: if the deadline to enter the Section 1 State Qualifier was not extended to Tuesday evening, then why was it agreed to have the rain date for the Class C beyond Sunday?


#14

That’s a question for those who agreed to it. The rain date as set forth at the beginning of the season was Sunday. Looks like a lot of people didn’t want the meet to interfere with their weekend.
If they extend the date to Tuesday I guess they’d have to allow times from Easterns and Fast Times.


#15

I don’t think many people would have been trying to get into state quals from the Class C sectional meet. Given the small sizes of the Class C schools, most people choose to double/triple/quadruple and go for the easiest win possible to make up for a lack of depth. I feel like the Class C schools are now at a distinct disadvantage compared to DII Class B schools when it comes to qualifying for the state meet, since those Class B schools have more options to get state standards with Fast Times and Easterns on Tuesday, which the class c schools will no longer be able to attend.


#16

All good points. If the original schedule said the make up date was Sunday and that was put in writing, then the Class C meet should not be on Tuesday.


#17

it was and it was…


#18

Looks like Class A got theirs in.


#19

Yep, but it sucked hard