Rieti, 9/08

http://www.rietimeeting.com/results/index.html

jesus manzano, 348?!?! That is bad even for bad leo. Great run for torrence though.

Several National Records on the men’s side, most interesting of which (to me) had Cronje running 3:31.93, improving on his own NR by about 1.5 seconds which he set earlier this year. Seems to be a dream season for the 31 year old, wonder how much longer he’ll be at this level. Kiplagat seems to have won rather comfortably.

7:36 for True is also a solid performance, looks like he took Soi to the line.

Also, Willis running a 3:32.57. He’s come a long way since this season and definitely seems to be ready to roll next year

Walter Dix running a season best 9.99. I’m glad he got healthy, hopefully he can shake that hamstring injury once and for all. Bailey also with a SB 10.10, hopefully he can recapture his Olympic form next year.

Torrence put together a nice little European season:

3:34.19 on July 2nd in Tomblaine/ his first 1500m PR since 2010 (!)
3:52.74 in London on the 27th of July (just .73 off his best)
7:40.78 in Zagreb on September 3rd
3:33.23 in Rieti on September 8th

Certainly something to build on.

7:36 for Ben True shocks the heck out of me. I think that makes him number 10 American ever pushing out of the top 10 one Steve Scott.

True’s 7:36 doesn’t surprise me. I think he has a great head on his shoulders and really knows what he’s doing. Whatever his talent, I’m convinced he’ll get all there is to get out of himself.

For the life of me, I can’t figure out what Manzano’s doing. He’s gotta just milking his Oly silver for appearance fees. No reason he should still be without a sponsor other than overvaluing himself.

Yes I figured someone would come back with the “great head on his shoulders” comment. :smiley:

I just didn’t think he had such great legs underneath his shoulders.

Just saying I’m impressed.

True: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aMq-AUqaXc

Classic ending of the clip with a gratuitous babe shot.

Nice Babe.