RedStar WorldWear gift card

I got my Runner’s World in the mail today, and inside it is a $500 RedStar WorldWear “gift card.”

Essentially, you pay a 9ish% fee based on the regular price, and that covers shipping and what not.

https://www.redstarworldwear.com

Looking online, it looks like this isn’t the first time this company has done this. Has anyone done it before?

From LetsRun

“Basically, it’s a scam… they sell $10 sunglasses for “$200” and then give away “$500” gift certs everywhere (every race you can think of, ski mags, etc) which you still have to pay for “processing” which ends up being $20 or so. There are no real retail outlets… it’s all online so you have to pay their processing fee. It’s really a scam if someone were to buy them for their full price, but I’m sure that nobody actually does that cause they’re sucky $10 glasses.”

They have watches too, and they don’t look like $10 watches. idk.

Thoughts homies?

I’m kind of thinking about this Jack Daniels I’m drinking. It’s apparently got honey in it and was the same price as regular Jack… It’s pretty decide. I also thought about how great it is I found my Texas is the Reason EP from way back when. Getting drunk and listening to Texas Is The Reason… it’s just like high school.