[LIST=1]
  • Spring Valley
  • Darlington
  • Oshkosh Lourdes
  • Kenosha St. Joseph
  • Laona/Wabeno
  • Cedar Grove-Belgium
    [/LIST]

Small recap of predictions: The D1 girls race will have multiple girls under 14:35 again, if the right Dubnicka shows up, she will win it. Aubrey Roberts will do extremely well in her first outing and watch out for McKaela Christenson who typically performs at her best in these settings. Arrowhead, or “The U” rather, has that fourth girl better than most ranked teams’ firsts so I don’t see how they can be beaten unless someone bombs.

The D2 girls race will go to Dodgeville-Mineral Point behind Eisenzimmer and a revitalized Hanna Owens. Amy Davis has been consistent over the season and will finish on the podium. Look out for Delaney FitzPatrick who can surprise everyone including herself when she is on [see state track 2012].

In D3, Andi Ostenso will produce the fastest time of the day with Breanna Colbenson not far behind. If the weather cooperates a 14:15 is not out of sight or mind for the little Lady Lumberjack. Spring Valley will carry their momentum into the Rapids and win this meet by 15-20 points.

I agree with what you have said about Christenson. I have seen her race 3 times this season. She has a look of hunger when she races and seems to really want to prove something. Arrowhead will win the team title, but I do not believe an Arrowhead runer will win the individual title.

Ah Zen,

I think you’re pretty much dead on as usual on the rankings. We have the same people in our rankings but ordered just a little differently. There are so many I want to rank in the top 6 that it is just so hard to make some decisions. I do think this is Flately’s year; I’ve seen her in a lot of races and she looks like as determined as I have ever seen a high school runner.

Division 1:
Individuals:
1. Elizabeth Flatley
2. Aubrey Roberts
3. Jackie Dubnicka
4. McKaela Christenson
5. Payton Wesley
6. Brittney Feivor
7. Taylor Clyse
8. Natalie Schudrowitz
9. Alison Parker
10. Lauren Cunningham
11. Jessica Parker
12. Lea Patek
13. Natalie Burant
14. Mira Ensley-Field
15. Rachel Werking
Teams
1. Arrowhead- Great talent, great coaching this really could be the most dominating performance in the history of the State meet. Is this the best team we’ve ever seen (here is the scary part…they are ALL BACK). In order for them to lost this they’d have to have 2 or 3 of their top 5 bomb and even then it would be close.
2. Neenah- Still a historic team but is their window closing on them?
3-6 could go to any of these the following teams, but since this is a prediction thread I guess I will have to make some decisions…
3.Madison West- Don’t let the sectional results fool you, this is a TOP 3 team. They’ve got a #1 that can break 15 and the support cast that can all go sub- 15:35-40. Sectionals didn’t seem like their day but they got through and will have a very solid race at Rapids.
4. Brookfield Central- Flately I think will give them a #1 point and their 2+3 runners are pretty solid. Even though they did get beat by Muskego at sectionals badly , a meet of this size does play into their strengths with Flately. I don’t trust them 100% just yet because they have been here before and they don’t seem to perform well under pressure. And their 5th runner could really hurt them
5. Muskego- It seems like the clock has not struck midnight for Cinderella just yet. After a sectional race where everything seemed to click for them (if you rank the teams according to sectional times; they are 3rd) you have to wonder if they have one more race in the tank for them. They have the worst #1 (just broke 15:30 at sectionals)in the top 5-7 teams but it is their depth that really works to their advantage. A 23 sec spread is going to be really helpful at the state meet.
6. EC Memorial- Roberts will put a REALLY low score on the board for them and I think their #2 will also be quite helpful but after that it seems that things can get a little shaky and with a 5th runner hovering around 16:00, could prove to be tough for them to move up any more.
7/8/9. Middleton /West Bend West/ Westosha Central- 2 other teams that while lack the #1 to be really great, they do have a GERAT pack and will put several runners in front on “better” teams #3 or even #2 runners. Look for them to make some noise.

All in All this is going to be an amazing State race and I really can’t wait to see it all this year!

D2— Katelin Cunningham will podium this year. I’ve been training with her and she’s getting much stronger. Also, after seeing Liz Bloy run multiple times this year, she’ll take the title this year for D2.

Ah Zen,

I think you’re pretty much dead on as usual on the rankings. We have the same people in our rankings but ordered just a little differently. There are so many I want to rank in the top 6 that it is just so hard to make some decisions. I do think this is Flately’s year; I’ve seen her in a lot of races and she looks like as determined as I have ever seen a high school runner.

Division 1:
Individuals:
1. Elizabeth Flatley
2. Aubrey Roberts
3. Jackie Dubnicka
4. McKaela Christenson
5. Payton Wesley
6. Brittney Feivor
7. Taylor Clyse
8. Natalie Schudrowitz
9. Alison Parker
10. Lauren Cunningham
11. Jessica Parker
12. Lea Patek
13. Natalie Burant
14. Mira Ensley-Field
15. Rachel Werking
Teams
1. Arrowhead- Great talent, great coaching this really could be the most dominating performance in the history of the State meet. Is this the best team we’ve ever seen (here is the scary part…they are ALL BACK). In order for them to lose this they’d have to have 2 or 3 of their top 5 bomb and even then it would be close.
2. Neenah- Still a historic team but is their window closing on them?
3-6 could go to any of these the following teams, but since this is a prediction thread I guess I will have to make some decisions…
3.Madison West- Don’t let the sectional results fool you, this is a TOP 3 team. They’ve got a #1 that can break 15 and the support cast that can all go sub- 15:35-40. Sectionals didn’t seem like their day but they got through and will have a very solid race at Rapids.
4. Brookfield Central- Flately I think will give them a #1 point and their 2+3 runners are pretty solid. Even though they did get beat by Muskego at sectionals badly , a meet of this size does play into their strengths with Flately. I don’t trust them 100% just yet because they have been here before and they don’t seem to perform well under pressure. And their 5th runner could really hurt them
5. Muskego- It seems like the clock has not struck midnight for Cinderella just yet. After a sectional race where everything seemed to click for them (if you rank the teams according to sectional times; they are 3rd) you have to wonder if they have one more race in the tank for them. They have the worst #1 (just broke 15:30 at sectionals)in the top 5-7 teams but it is their depth that really works to their advantage. A 23 sec spread is going to be really helpful at the state meet.
6. EC Memorial- Roberts will put a REALLY low score on the board for them and I think their #2 will also be quite helpful but after that it seems that things can get a little shaky and with a 5th runner hovering around 16:00, could prove to be tough for them to move up any more.
7/8/9. Middleton /West Bend West/ Westosha Central- 2 other teams that while lack the #1 to be really great, they do have a GREAT pack and will put several runners in front on “better” teams #3 or even #2 runners. Look for them to make some noise.

All in All this is going to be an amazing State race and I really can’t wait to see it all this year!

Division 1

[LIST]
[]Individuals[LIST=1]
[
]Jackie Dubincka-14:25
[]McKaela Christiansn
[
]Flatley
[]Aubrey Roberts
[
]Allison Parker
[]Jennifer Parker- 14:36
[
]Marlie Houston
[]Lauren Cunningham
[
]Brittney Feivor- 14:41
[]Jessica Parker-14:43[/LIST] [/LIST][LIST]
[
]Teams[/LIST][INDENT][LIST=1]
[]Arrowhead 53
[
]Neenah 61
[]BC
[
]ECM[/LIST]9…Westosha Central

[/INDENT]Division 2[LIST]
[]Individuals[/LIST][INDENT][LIST=1]
[
]Morgan Florsheim-14:37
[]Amy Davis
[
]Liz Bloy
[]Hannah Owens-14:44
[
]VanThiel
[]Delany Fitzpatrick-14:53
[
]Maria Schmid
[]Courtney Link
[
]Jamie Shannon
[]Mairin Cahill-15:05[/LIST][/INDENT][LIST]
[
[]DMP-60
[
]Shorewood
[]ND
[
]Wisco
[]Freedom
[
]Luxemborg-Casco[/LIST][/INDENT]Division 3

[LIST]
[]Individuals[/LIST][INDENT][LIST=1]
[
]Andi Ostenso- 14:05
[]Breanna Colbenson-14:30
[
]I. Seidel- 14:31
[]Subert
[
]Abby Moore- 15:08
[]Cassie Marver
[
]Nora Keller
[]Haley Joosten
[
]Sinnen Delaney
[]Mady Scopp-15:20[/LIST][/INDENT][LIST]
[
[]Darlington- 95
[
]Laona/Wabeno- 108
[]Lourdes
[
]Edgar
[]Kenosha St. Joseph- 175
[
]CGB
[*]Living Word Lutheran[/LIST][/INDENT]

1. McKaela Christenson
  2. Elizabeth Flatley
  3. Jackie Dubnicka
  4. Payton Wesley
  5. Alison Parker
  6. Aubrey Roberts

http://www.leadertelegram.com/sports/preps/article_b238ab5e-1cce-11e2-9735-001a4bcf887a.html

Boy–er, girl I mean–did Katie Hietpas show up today! That 14:29 is pretty amazing for someone who was off the radar.

[Results]