Official NBA Thread


#1

Sixers traded Sammy Dalembert to the Kings today. In return the Sixers get Andres Nocioni and Spencer Hawes. I like Hawes quite a bit and think he can be a very nice center. I was one of the few Philadelphia residents who does not hate Dalembert, just think he was paid way too much.

:yes:


#2

Originally posted by Carmelo@Jun 17 2010, 02:01 PM
[b] Sixers traded Sammy Dalembert to the Kings today. In return the Sixers get Andres Nocioni and Spencer Hawes. I like Hawes quite a bit and think he can be a very nice center. I was one of the few Philadelphia residents who does not hate Dalembert, just think he was paid way too much.

:yes: [/b]

Feel the same way about Slammin’ Sammy


#3

the kings are such a joke right now


#4

Originally posted by the stogs@Jun 17 2010, 02:05 PM
the kings are such a joke right now

As are the Sixers. Hopefully the front office makes the right choice and drafts Evan Turner in the draft instead of Favors.


#5

interesting trade rumor involving the nets trading devin harris and the number 3 pick for cp3. the nets would likely have to give up a bit more than this to get the job done, but they do have other pieces, terrance williams, cdr, courtney lee the 27th pick, and the 31st pick. it most likely won’t get done because new orleans seems unwilling to trade their franchise player, but he is unhappy and it is a possibilty. brook lopez and cp3>rose and noah so if they acquired paul they could become the frontrunners in the lebron james sweepstakes.


#6

bump for draft night


#7

I will do the wall dance if DC drafts him
<3


#8

Originally posted by KKreme15@Jun 24 2010, 12:55 PM
I will do the wall dance if DC drafts him
<3

vides or shenz


#9

Originally posted by KKreme15@Jun 24 2010, 11:55 AM
I will do the wall dance if DC drafts him
<3

not drafting john wall would be an epic fail.

in other news, lebron is going to go to chicago along with joe johnson.

SHIP


#10

john wall in the nba will be an epic fail


#11

Originally posted by skurey@Jun 24 2010, 03:21 PM
john wall in the nba will be an epic fail

like 23 year old phenom kwame err wesley johnson?


#12

Originally posted by ElHollingsworth@Jun 24 2010, 04:23 PM
like 23 year old phenom kwame err wesley johnson?

no like ryan leaf


#13

Bulls send Kirk Hinrich and 1st round pick to the Wizards for a future second round pick, most likely to make cap room…Hello Lebron James & Boozer/Bosh/Johnson/Stoudamire. Personally I’d like to see Dirk Nowitzki in a Bulls uniform. It would give them a big man AND a 3 point shooter.


#14

Derrick Favors. DO WANT. Will be an awesome pro.

Gordon Hayward. DO NOT WANT. But I’m cheering for him.


#15

Here is my mock draft with analysis:

  1. Washington Wizards

#16

Originally posted by Fitzxc27@Jun 24 2010, 04:02 PM
Bulls send Kirk Hinrich and 1st round pick to the Wizards for a future second round pick, most likely to make cap room…Hello Lebron James & Boozer/Bosh/Johnson/Stoudamire. Personally I’d like to see Dirk Nowitzki in a Bulls uniform. It would give them a big man AND a 3 point shooter.

I find this incredibly stupid that teams are just trading away their benches. The Heat traded a great shooter of the bench in Cook and traded out of the 1st round to save apprx 3-4 mill. So now the heat, knicks and bulls can afford two max contracts and if the nets make some makes they might be able to afford two as well. Are there really 8 fas deserving of a max contract. Many free agents are going to be overpaid this year and these teams will lack depth. If the Heat sign Wade and Bosh who will be on their roster? because Beasley is currently the only player under contract for them next year. They will be forced to sign a bunch of player to minimum contracts who aren’t good.
These teams see the big 3 model that the Celtics had, but don’t recognize you cannot win a championship with 3 superstars alone. Back in 2007-08 when the Celtics won they still had Perkins and Rondo in the starting lineup as well who were/are both very solid players. They also had a great bench. They had veterans in Cassell and PJ Brown to help provide leadership and quality minutes off the bench, great defenders in Posey and Allen, a guy who catch fire in Tony Allen and a huge energy guy in Big Baby. So what if these 2 max contract players get in foul trouble, get injuried or tired who will these teams have coming off the bench to help them out?