Now that TRACKTALK is DEAD

Opening Thoughts:

In Il Futura Mattia Pascal, an Italian classical equivalent in cultural significance to The Great Gatsby of the USA, author Luigi Pirandello narrates for Mattia Pascal, a miserable man who is mistakenly pronounced dead and it is confirmed by both his wife and mother-in-law. Amid an existential crisis the book character takes a complete Machiavellian turn and embraces his own death as an opportunity to re-invent himself.

Page 83: The creation of Adriano Meis

2018-09-20_185816

[Without ruining the end] Mattia goes on to become everything he ever dreamed of being.

Post-Death Thoughts:

In our afterlife we now have an interactive bubble 2018-09-20_190857. The bubble might work out okay as the type of messenger(s) we are familiar with on social media but I don’t know if we really need a reboot of Facebook Messenger here. I do however believe the bubble’s functionality offers the potential to be something extremely useful and highly interactive for people to use on a daily basis. It just needs to be refactored.

I would like for people to put on their Steve Jobs hats and borrow his lenses :eyeglasses: to think abstractly about what the bubble is and what it ought to be.

Data View:

+-------------------------------+
     |                               |
     |             {TYPE}            |
     |                               +-------------+-------------+-------------+
     |                               |                                         |
     |                               |  {SUB-TYPE} |  {SUB-TYPE} |  {SUB-TYPE} |--------------------+
     |                               |      A             B             C      | <userInteractions> | 
     +-------------------------------+-------------+-------------+-------------+--------------------+

Raw view:

Features:

• expandable shortcut
  • can attach files
  • functional on mobile
  • three types of user interactions
  • Interactions >
    • could potentially be conversation based         --or –
    • could potentially non-conversation based – or –
    • could potentially be both?

At-large conceptual relations that are analogous:

• Forum > Sub-Forum > Thread
  • Category > Sub-category > Topic
  • Macro > Meso > Micro
  • Grandparent > Parent > Child
  • Immortal > Mortal > Pre-mortal
  • Domain > Kingdom > Phylum
  • Class > Order > Genus
  • Order > Genus > Species

Template View:

+-------------------------+
| Title                   | 
 -------------------------
|    <userInteraction>    | 
+-------------------------+

What are the possibilities in said AFTERLIFE?

Breadcrumbs to provoke outside-of-the-box thinking:

• What if we designated a “group conversation” for a future event in the bubble and it eventually populated itself with relevant information?
  • What if we trained “bot” users to each perform specific lookup tasks that looked on the internet for you?
    Example: user @results
    Open the bubble click on bot user @results and send it a shorthand message KY HS --yesterday and it proceeded to give you a list of everything it could find or a default non success answer?
    Same example: @results in forums
    To stimulate conversation, anything you can find out in the bubble privately you can drop in in the forums @results KY HS --yesterday and it’ll dump a formatted list or table. @records, @shoedeals, @misc_custom_infromation_retrieval_tools, @or_give_it_a_custom_name
  • MAJOR HINT: per the RIP TRACKTALK thread, if we can communicate with the pumas through the site messaging system on the front end of TrackTalk we can have them do automated things for us on the backend. This could include retrieving information for us from the internet.

Would like the conversation to brew here but if you feel more comfortable message me either through Direct Message or through the Current iteration of the chat bubble. Ready go!!!

I’m gonna start with reading the book, thanks! I read Pirandello’s bio on Wikipedia. Just think of all the wisdom and knowledge that is lost when a soul dies… That’s a subject I’ve thought about before.