NJ Olympic Trials Qualifiers

Do we have a list of the former NJ HS athletes that will be competing in the Olympic Trials? I will be there for the whole period and would like to interview as many as possible. If we can list the qualifiers here it would help. Also, if anyone has contact information for any of the athletes (email address, cell phone) please IM me here or email me at jschlentz@aol.com. I’d love to contact them and put the interviews on The Track Show for all your viewing pleasure. thanks ahead of time.

Entries are still open for declarations, with provisionals pending. Right now it looks like:

Men
100m: Reggie Dixon - provisional, pending
200m: Reggie Dixon - provisional, pending
400m: Clayton Parros - provisional, pending
800m: Robby Andrews - qualified, not declared; Novak -qualified, declared; Shariff Webb - provisional, pending; Christian Gonzalez - provisional, pending.
1500m: Robby Andrews - qualified, declared; Christian Gonzalez - provisional.
5000m: None
10000m: None
110HH: Devon Hill - qualified, declared.
400H: Justin Gaymon - qualified, declared; Reuben McCoy - provisional.
Steeple: Craig Forys - qualified, declared; Travis Mahoney - provisional, pending; Steve Slatterey: ?
HJ: Justin Frick - provisional, pending
PV: None
LJ: Chris Phipps - provisional, pending
TJ: None
SP: None
DT: Adam Kuehl - qualified, declared
JT: None
Dec: None

That’s the men. I’m sure I might have missed someone. I didn’t do the walk. Out of principle. Sorry Mr. Denman.

I know these people are going and I have contact info for:

Craig Forys steeplechase
Ashley Higginson steeplechase
Robby Andrews 800/1500
Justin Frick High Jump
Greta Feldman 800

For the men, add Jeff Porter to the 110H (qualified, declared) and Jon Kalnas for shot put (provisional, pending).

Ajee WilsonJuventus Track Club2:02.61provisionalpending

Annick Lamar (Nottingham HS) in women’s 1500

Women:

100: English Gardner, Q’d, declared;
800: Ajee Wilson - prov, pending; Greta Feldman - prov, pending; Nijgia Snapp - prov, pending; Hazel Clark - prov, pending; Chelsea Cox - prov, pending;
1500: Renee Tomlin - q’d, declared; Greta Feldman - q’d, declared; Jill Smith - prov.
5k: Amy Van Alstine - prov
100h: Nia Ali - q’d, declared
Steeple: Ashley Higginson - Q’d, declared; Nicol Traynor - prov

I won’t even attempt the field events for the women, as I haven’t a clue.

English Gardner is declared in the 100m
Rene Tomlinson declared in the 1500 – she was NJ right?
Jillian Smith and Tauro both have provisionals in the 1500
KATIE KELLNER of WWP south with a provisional in the 10,000m
Higginson in the steeple along with Delilah DeCrecenzo … She’s training with Gags now so she kinda counts

Priscilla Frederick, HJ … Paul VI HS
Shameka Marshall, LJ … Oakcrest HS

Jen Austin, javelin … Garfield? Paul?

Garfield is correct. Her brother is Miles Austin.

ah, that’s right

when I introduced myself to Miles after an Eagles-Cowboys game, he [good-naturedly, I think] ripped Paul for never making him Athlete of the Year.

Julie Culley. 5000m?

Josh Suttmeier (North Hunterdon) provisional in the javelin @ 238’.
Julie in the 5k for certain off her 15:13. I believe Julie’s 1600 PR was 5:05 in HS, best of 19:18 on Holmdel. Anchored a pretty fair (for the times - 2000) DMR at nationals, 12:05.
Two North grads, 11 years apart.

Yes that is Miles Austin’s sister and she is throwing.
I believe Sarah Pagano, IHA is provisionally in 10,000.

Oops – Lambo beat me to it

Unfortunately, Ed Moran will not be running in Eugene . . .

Ed Moran, who finished just six seconds shy of making the 2008 U.S. Olympic Team at 10,000 meters, will not compete at the 2012 Trials.

Moran, 30, said that a chronic case of peroneal tendinitis at the base of the fifth metatarsal on his left foot—just below the little toe—resulted in a bone spur and stress reaction, and that sometime around May 15 he realized that a return to the Trials was not to be.

“I kept postponing it as long as possible,” he said of the decision. “As distance runners we justify our existence by saying ‘I’m running at the Olympic Trials’ or ‘I made an Olympic team.’ You kind of get wrapped up in that identity, and the decision to step away from that is not only emotionally trying but it’s mentally trying because you’re looking for something else to grasp on to, some new identity.”

That new identity will be centered on the marathon. Asked if this means he is finished with the track, Moran said, “Most likely, yes.”

I love that. Amazing improvement.

Did Sam Mattis make it for the disk?

Justin Frick (Freehold HS, Princeton, Oregon) posted on facebook this morning that he’s officially in

great news!

He’s not entered. I read that story about him making a try for the OTs but I didn’t see where he tried to get a mark with the heavier disk so he couldn’t have qualified.