New England Championship

Any expectation about what team could win?

I can guarantee no team from mass will win

I can guarantee that no team from Vermont, on the guys side, will win

The title is New England Championship - is this the prep version or the other? if it’s the prep does it still mean no MA. team will win?:rolleyes:

I think a New Hamphire team could win. New Hampshire is under estimated. A few very strong teams and individuals

on the girls side, CVU (vt) is very strong this year.

hey **** you sean, if i wasn’t injured again we’d be going alllll the way.

<3 <3 <3 <3

you are still my pick for overall winner, injured or not :heart: :smiley:

tru dat: they won Manchester Invitational, Thetford Invitational and VT D1 states.

Bishop Hendricken-Rhode Island top at Manchester Invitational
Bishop Guertin - New Hampshire top at Woods Trail Run
Manchester Central - New Hampshire top at Catholic Memorial Invitational

These teams were best non-Massachusetts team at the three major invites I was lucky enough tpo be at this fall. All should be contenders.

at States, they finished all of their top 5 in the top 10 for all of D1, and won with a score of 28.

at woods trail, they won 73-168 (with 59 total teams) and put their top 5 in the first 20 finishers out of over 800

anddd they won the ELITE race at the manchester invitational

according to Marc Bloom’s Harrier XC magazine, the CVU girls are #24 in the nation, the only NE team to make girls or boys top 25.

vermont! bya!

I’d like to say a big thank you to the CVU girls to get us on the rankings, that’s VT, the 47 smallest state showing up on a national scale for HS XC. I second that “bya”

Cheverus High School (ME) will give them a run for their money. Average time of 19:15 with PRs, 5th place last year (and they’ve only gotten stronger, having returned their two key runners and getting two fast freshmen as well).

thats why you’re so cute you dinglebery.

Individually, Durgin will repeat on the girls side. I don’t expect Hendry to be satisfied with a 19:xx 13th place either; she’ll be top 6, top 10 at worst.

I’m thinking Chev puts two in the top 8. Their #3 and #4 runners are freshman, and both have better PRs already than the 3 and 4 runners for Cheverus last year, and their #5 is nearly a minute faster than their #5 last year.

Should be an interesting meet.

Will CVU & Chevrus be factors at NXN Northeast?

should be interesting, since it sounds like Cheverus has 2 really good front runners, something CVU doesn’t have. However, they pack it in 1-5.

47 second spread from 1 to 5 at Woods trail
29 second spread at Manchester invite

and a 51 seconds at the state meet, compared to over 2 and half minutes for cheverus. in a state meet, cheverus could win because they had a few in front, but when there is a constant flow of people, having the top 5 runners in a small time is very important.

AND the meet is in vermont, and the cvu girls have run their 2 biggest meets there every year and definitely know how to run the course.

my prediction:cvu beats cheverus and wins it all (of course i’m a bit biased to vermont teams, but i don’t see how they can be beaten)

I disagree. In a big meet like this, the front runners only have a bigger impact. However, with their 5th runner being where she is, Cheverus is definitely going to feel it unless she can pick it up.

Using the 1-5 split to say CVU is a rather silly way to justify saying they will win as it totally ignore the actual times the girls have run. Should I find another girls team from Maine with a better 1-5 split than Cheverus (I’m sure there are several) and use that to say they will beat Chev?

Look at it this way…
Chev #1 SB: 18:03
Chev #5 SB: 20:37

CVU #1 SB: 19:16
CVU #5 SB: 20:06

While Times are generally useless to compare in XC, obviously, when there is enough distance between a time it’s pretty safe to say who is faster. In this case I have no doubt that Durgin (18:03.64 SB/PB) and Hendry (18:34.86 SB, 18:28 PB) will finish before Summer Spillane. There is a realistic chance that Cheverus’ number 3 runner Conley (19:08 SB/PB) will be able to finish before Summer. If that happens, I don’t see how CVU could recover from Chev putting in three runners before their first when the rest of the team is relatively well matched.

My predictions for finishes:
Chev, Chev, CVU, Chev, CVU, CVU, Chev, CVU, CVU, Chev.