Meet of Champs moved until Monday

Start time is 5 p.m.

Story

Full post

“The NJSIAA Meet of Champions, which had been postponed from Thursday to Friday after one event, has been moved yet again. Meet director Don Danser said this morning that the meet has been rescheduled for Monday at 5 p.m. at Lombardi Field in Old Bridge”

Steve Timko (the NJSIAA executive direcrtor, and I talked it over and felt that Monday was a much better option,'' said Danser.There were two factors in moving the meet from today until Monday. One was that the weather forecast isn’t much diferent than yesterday and we don’t want the same thing to happen. And number two there are athletes that had either graduation or proms today and they would have been faced with very difficult decsions. So we felt going to Monday was the best thing to do given all the circumstances.’’

Mon Jun 11

High: 74°
Low: 55°
Partly Cloudy
Chance of rain: 10% Wind: SE at 8

This is absurd …

These guys can’t stick to a decision. I know of at least one school that has graduation Monday …

What a joke …

have fun guys

I’ll be in Maine

Another horrible weather day today, just like last night:rolleyes:
5 PM

79°
Partly Cloudy

FEELS LIKE:79° HUMIDITY:39% PRECIP:20% WIND:W at 11 mph
6 PM

78°
Partly Cloudy

FEELS LIKE:79° HUMIDITY:42% PRECIP:20% WIND:WNW at 10 mph

7 PM

76°
Partly Cloudy

FEELS LIKE:78° HUMIDITY:46% PRECIP:20% WIND:WNW at 9 mph

8 PM

74°
Partly Cloudy

FEELS LIKE:74° HUMIDITY:51% PRECIP:20% WIND:WNW at 8 mph

[LIST]
[]Sunset at 8:26 pm
[
]Upload Your Sunset Images [/LIST]
9 PM

72°
Partly Cloudy

FEELS LIKE:72° HUMIDITY:55% PRECIP:20% WIND:WNW at 7 mph

[LIST]
[]</IMG> Set Your DVR
[
]Hurricane Hunters Premieres Monday June 11 9/8c [/LIST]
10 PM

70°
Partly Cloudy

FEELS LIKE:70° HUMIDITY:59% PRECIP:10% WIND:W at 6 mph

11 PM

68°
Partly Cloudy

FEELS LIKE:68° HUMIDITY:63% PRECIP:10% WIND:W at 5 mph

I don’t think any date is going to make everyone happy at this point…but I would surmise less people will be upset with the Monday start rather than today just by reading the names in the Ledger this morning who had to scratch.

Looks threatening…I wouldn’t have laughed at the email from Danser if he didn’t mention weather being a factor but LOL

Sounds like Monday will be much better for more people but not perfect as Marist notes. However…anyone ever heard of Saturday morning?

I agree with Joe…Obviously early June is riddled with grads, proms, etc so Thursday and Friday are very tough. Saturday could be as well but you do avoid that afternoon/evening heat/humid driven pop up t storms.

I just really feel for the kids who have had to or will have to decide between states/moc and prom/graduation. Obviously life is full of tough decisions but they’re teenagers and prom and graduation are very important to them.

I think Saturday mornings should be explored as a possible solution…with the 3200 first of course!

THANK YOU!!!

Seriously. It’s out of the ordinary that the MOC has always been on a weekday anyway.

I suppose this is making the most out of a bad situation, but they were in this bad situation because of how poorly things were handled yesterday.

Saturday morning? You guys are kidding right?

When the driving issues for no Fiday were proms and graduations, how do you think that would look?

Look? What are you talking about? How would it “look” bad?

I don’t think the prom/graduation conflict had anything to do with trying to drive anywhere…its more of the fact that those events hold precedent in a high schoolers life over MOC

I think saturday is a perfectly viable option since we run almost every big meet all year on a saturday from september through june

You think you would get maximum performances on a Saturday morning after proms and graduations?

Joe, how long have you been out of HS?:smiley:

I was half kidding, but it is true, if that was THE big issue for folks, Saturday morning is not fixing most of that, not in my mind.

Maybe others can weigh in before you kill me again:D

I was talking about events that made the move happen NOT “Driving a car”

Most Sat meets are not held after Proms or graduations it is a bad fit

It is a better fit than Monday is for all but those going to adidas. So you go to your prom…gotta think at this point graduations outnumber proms tonight but you go to eitehr. Graduation is not a late night. If you have a graduation party you leave early. I have to think most don’t have the big graduation party the night of the ceremony. Prom? Leave a little earlier than you would have normally or just gut it out and get up and go to the meet. Am I the only who has thinks that its the sleep you get TWO nights before the event that matters, not the night before.

Oh, and BTW Saturday morning not only helps with the weather (more thunder storms coming late day than early morning) but it helps the traffic nightmare around the site. No trying to get in there at rush hour.

It should be Saturday. Why is it okay for the NJSIAA softball and baseball tournaments to play on Saturday but not track? Those kids don’t graduate or go to proms? Somehow they’re getting through it

I do think Saturday is in fact the better day for the meet to be held on to begin withm, have always felt that way

I am pretty sure it was that way back in the 1970’s anyway, otherwise how would I have seen Amitrani/Ludwikowski Classic Two mile in person at 17 years old

I was not an MOC q’er:D

Saturday morning would have been an absurd option if Friday proms and graduations was a reason for not having meet on Friday.

After prom trips to the shore and similar other activities, as well as Project Graduation programs (likely pre-paid for) would have had the kids making the same tough decisions and the meet would have suffered some of the same scratches.

JW

The published rain date in the meet regulations is Friday June 8. This date has been out there for quite a while. It wasn’t an official rain date “unless if invoked, at the last minute there is push back because of proms, graduations, interference with great runners other race plans, etc.”

If the rain date was unpopular, it should have been dealt with weeks ago.

Schedules have to mean something when there are so many people, organizations, and costs impacted by changes.