How will this forum attract new users?

This forum seems to be off to a great start, which is awesome. However, without a legitimate track website backing us up, how will things fare for the long term? How will high school runners who aren’t “in the know” find this site? A lot of the current top posters have only been around for 4, 3, even 2 years or less…dyestat’s continued success has always depended on a steady flow of new posters. So what can we do to attract new users to this site?

It is going to be expanding shortly and they are working on obtaining vbullitens. It should be able to generate it’s own traffic independent of dyestat at that time and hopefully gain it’s own momentum.

i certainly will be spreading the word on my facebook and on syracuse’s local forums

spamming other running sites, etc

its the second result (after the now-dead talk.dyestat.com) when you google “track talk”
i’m not sure exactly how google works but we could try to do things so that it comes up when you google stuff like high school track
i think i just found dyestat via random googling looking for results and happened upon my league’s thread

Originally posted by Alex Adkinson@Jun 17 2010, 01:44 PM
It is going to be expanding shortly and they are working on obtaining vbullitens. It should be able to generate it’s own traffic independent of dyestat at that time and hopefully gain it’s own momentum.

lol multiple bulletins?

Originally posted by tb1223@Jun 17 2010, 06:43 PM
This forum seems to be off to a great start, which is awesome. However, without a legitimate track website backing us up, how will things fare for the long term? How will high school runners who aren’t “in the know” find this site? A lot of the current top posters have only been around for 4, 3, even 2 years or less…dyestat’s continued success has always depended on a steady flow of new posters. So what can we do to attract new users to this site?

-vBulletin
-www.tracktalk.net
-mouth-on-mouth spreading of website…I feel like I mixed that phrase up a bit :mellow:
-video uploads (races/interviews…etc)
-non-video interviews
-hot girls
-posters of tt.tk
-hot girls wearing t-shirts that say tt.tk

…uhh any more?

AA, are you “Administrator”?

Can I know some people that can seriously help up with the design, layout, etc. of the site and the board.

RRR

spam the ■■■■ out of espn

Originally posted by Administrator@Jun 17 2010, 02:47 PM
[b] -vBulletin
-www.tracktalk.net
-mouth-on-mouth spreading of website…I feel like I mixed that phrase up a bit :mellow:
-video uploads (races/interviews…etc)
-non-video interviews
-hot girls
-posters of tt.tk
-hot girls wearing t-shirts that say tt.tk

…uhh any more? [/b]

Yes.

• Being much, much, much better than the ESPNRise site.

JW

Originally posted by chuckarock@Jun 17 2010, 01:48 PM
spam the ■■■■ out of espn

That won’t work; nobody reads espn anyways

i want a shirt!

Originally posted by Run Rest Repeat@Jun 17 2010, 06:47 PM
[b] AA, are you “Administrator”?

Can I know some people that can seriously help up with the design, layout, etc. of the site and the board.

RRR [/b]

No, AA isn’t admin.

The forum is run by me and Zen Miler. both decent Information Technology students in college. Though Zen has much much more experience. I bought tracktalk.net and made it myself (which would explain why it sucks pretty bad).

hope it helps clear things up.

Originally posted by kick’em.down@Jun 17 2010, 01:49 PM

Went to rep you for this post… Then became sad :frowning:

Admin, what was your dyestat name?

Originally posted by Administrator+Jun 17 2010, 01:50 PMQUOTE (Administrator @ Jun 17 2010, 01:50 PM) <!–QuoteBegin-Run Rest Repeat@Jun 17 2010, 06:47 PM

RRR [/b]

No, AA isn’t admin.

The forum is run by me and Zen Miler. both decent Information Technology students in college. Though Zen has much much more experience. I bought tracktalk.net and made it myself (which would explain why it sucks pretty bad).

hope it helps clear things up. [/b][/quote]
dude its not that bad at all. dont bash yourself. with the limited resources youre working with i would say it is excellent so far

Originally posted by Administrator+Jun 17 2010, 01:50 PMQUOTE (Administrator @ Jun 17 2010, 01:50 PM) <!–QuoteBegin-Run Rest Repeat@Jun 17 2010, 06:47 PM

RRR [/b]

No, AA isn’t admin.

hope it helps clear things up. [/b][/quote]
Who were you on Dyestat…

RRR

hoosieratheart

they have already mentioned this site over on the Letsrun.com boards

Originally posted by kick’em.down@Jun 17 2010, 01:49 PM

i think this weekend theres potential for spamming espn because people looking for NBN stuff will go look there because they have no other choice that they know of, and hopefully we can spam enough that they’ll come here after seeing how shitty the rise ones are

lots and lots of facebook spamming

Originally posted by tmfcmike@Jun 17 2010, 03:03 PM
lots and lots of facebook spamming

way ahead of you bro