Frosh Quartermilers

I was really looking forward to Bailey and Arman Hall hitting the college ranks this indoor season.

Bailey ended up with bests of 6.87, 21.00 and 47.16. According to athletic.net (a site I have no idea about as far as accuracy) I find my slight disappointment over his times alleviated as it appears his indoor running prior this year has been sparse. It looks like he ran indoors in 2011 but not his senior '12 season.

Hopefully this young Texan is just being brought along smartly and slowly and we’ll see improvements on his impressive 45.19 that he ran last year. TAMU did not run Lendore in their 4x4 and assuming Bailey can get into low 45 shape at least this outdoors we’ll see a different team around the big oval.

Hall ran 46.61 this indoors and 21.22 in his sole 200. He ran a 45.80 on his 3rd leg at the NCAAs for Florida.

And amazingly, it was Najee Glass who was the man who qualified for NCAAs. His 46.51 brought him to the meet where he made the final running a huge PR 45.97 in his heat. As he is a teammate of Hall’s at Florida, Florida’s 4x4 will be tough outdoors just as they were this indoors. Glass ran leadoff for Florida and his leadoff leg was his 3rd run of the meet and his time was over a second slower than his 400 heat. As his strength grows Florida will roll.

Just some thoughts.

It would’ve been fun if they all went to the same school, they would’ve been the Miami Heat of NCAA Track & Field! As it is, at least Florida got the Big 2. It’ll be awesome to see what their 4x4 can do over the years!

Hall did go down with an injury in the 4x4 at Nebraska the first weekend of February.