Fast Summer 5k's

Just wondering where all you guys are racing this summer in 5k’s and the like. It’d be nice to have a bunch of us run a decent course and blaze some fast times rather than all run different ones and each win by a ton, but thats just my 2 cents.

I’m thinking the Remembering Jesse Parker 5k organized by Derek Storkel should be pretty legit in tomah on july 3rd. I guess a bunch of Lacrosse and Minnesota guys are gonna show up.

There’s the Full Moon 5k hosted by Movin’ Shoes in Madison. Brett Kelly, Josh Williams, and more West alumni (The State winning crew included) will definitely run in that along with Sam Hacker, his little brother; Wilson, and me(Jonah Barry). I think there might be some other decent runners but I’m not sure.

Firecraker Four- July 4th, 4 miler
this race usually brings in some big names

Freedom 5 Road Race in Siren, Wisconsin. Usually gets the fast guys that used to run division 3 from up north (Sean Kutz, Grantsburg, Peter Walsh, Webster, River Karl, Frederic) and it’s a fast course (Kutz won with a 15:50 last summer)

Or you could train during the summer and not worry about running fast in July or August? There’s an idea…

Epic Race Videos

Or you could train during the summer and not worry about running fast in July or August? There’s an idea…

It’s not about running fast. It’s about racing.

Originally posted by MadwestCC@Jun 21 2010, 12:25 AM
There’s the Full Moon 5k hosted by Movin’ Shoes in Madison. Brett Kelly, Josh Williams, and more West alumni (The State winning crew included) will definitely run in that along with Sam Hacker, his little brother; Wilson, and me(Jonah Barry). I think there might be some other decent runners but I’m not sure.

Agreed, this is usually a pretty good race.

I’d totally love to do the full moon one, I looked forward to it last year and this year, but I’ll be at cross camp at uw madison so I probably can’t go. And it really isn’t about running fast, it’s the fun of racing some decent guys and getting to talk afterwards.

Originally posted by SCCXC11@Jun 21 2010, 04:21 PM

QFE. Doing a few races over the summer (2-3) is a good idea as it allows you to stay familiar with the feel of racing. As long as you’re keeping your focus on the season and not training for these races (because like SCC said, they’re not about running fast), running one a month (or less) throughout the summer isn’t going to kill you. Plus, they’re always a great way to meet and hang out with other runners from your area.

Originally posted by runninggartman@Jun 21 2010, 06:57 PM
I’d totally love to do the full moon one, I looked forward to it last year and this year, but I’ll be at cross camp at uw madison so I probably can’t go. And it really isn’t about running fast, it’s the fun of racing some decent guys and getting to talk afterwards.

Camp of champs? Which session? I’m working at the first one for my athletic training major.

Originally posted by SCCXC11@Jun 21 2010, 04:21 PM

oooh thats right you would know…sorry for questioning you brett johnson

Epic Race Videos

Storm the Bastille In Milwaukee on July 8, 2010 at 9pm. Great race through downtown. I question if it is a legit 5K? No matter as they do not give out awards and you are responsible for your own times.

Top three male and female finishers in 2009:
1st place male - Scott Mueller finishing at 14:49
1st place female - Nicole Braunsdorf finishing at 17:06
2nd place male - Joseph Stilin finishing at 14:50
2nd place female - Amy Herst finishing at 18:12
3rd place male - Nate Weiland finishing at 15:15
3rd place female - Molly Arpenberg finishing at 18:33

Yeah it’s camp of champs, but the second session. That camp is awesome for training and a hell of a lot of fun.

oooh thats right you would know…sorry for questioning you brett johnson

Well don’t most people run races in the summer? Nobody goes out there trying to put down a PR. It’s about just racing and taking a break from just training every once in awhile. Don’t take it so personal.

Originally posted by SCCXC11@Jun 22 2010, 04:05 PM

Well don’t most people run races in the summer? Nobody goes out there trying to put down a PR. It’s about just racing and taking a break from just training every once in awhile. Don’t take it so personal.

then why would the thread be called “fast summer 5ks”? I’d be willing to bet you’d be out there in your sick shades trying to blow your load in july

Epic Race Videos

Shithouse 5k in La Crosse on July 31…gonna be a good time! http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/eve…70447161&ref=ts

then why would the thread be called “fast summer 5ks”? I’d be willing to bet you’d be out there in your sick shades trying to blow your load in july

Haha silly me. I hafta git goin’ ta banjo practice though n’ then catch us some dinner outta the sticks. Nice a’talkin’ to ya friend. :slight_smile:

Glad you like my shades too by the way. They’re really nice.

Haha shithouse 5k, wonder how that got it’s name?

Sh*thouse 5K

I miss this college run but not the smell! let the blue flame burn.
I need to get back home and try this race sometime.

Originally posted by SCCXC11@Jun 23 2010, 10:55 AM
[b]
Haha silly me. I hafta git goin’ ta banjo practice though n’ then catch us some dinner outta the sticks. Nice a’talkin’ to ya friend. :slight_smile:

Glad you like my shades too by the way. They’re really nice. [/b]

yeah i remember when you use to have to be good to wear sun glasses…whatever happened to that unwritten rule?

Epic Race Videos