Explosions! Boston Marathon

Two explosions near the finish line of the Boston Marathon. News reports no deaths…early minutes…many hurt… hospitals locked down… Runners were still on the course…several children have been hurt…

What a shame!. That is where the publicity will be and rightly so. Letsrun is off the air! I Have said for years that I am so glad that I was born and raised when, where and how I was.
I have CNN on. What a mess!
Good you were not there this year Patti.

2 explosions about 2 minutes apart…

multiple casualties…(?).

Ohmygoodness…I’ shocked…watching the clips…Fox news reports people with missing limbs!

accident of some sort? gas explosion? NO calls have come in for solid proof of explosives…

ohmygoodness…ohmy goodness…I crying and shaking while I am typing this…I 've called my friend Tom’s mom…she and his dad are in Boston…they are still tring to connect with one another…it’s chaos/…

teh bomb was either inside Marathon Sports or outside…OHNO…oh crappp, how many spectators were inside watching…celebrating…gathering…

A third bomb was found and did not go off…it was contained…

wheelchair after wheelchair and more wheelchair

i have on cbs…which is showing strictly Boston. yeah, good thing Orville…though at times I get lots of invites for everything and some years a few , though for the last several years I have not been able to honor any invites for one reason or another…(kids, pets, hubby’s work,…and a couple of times me not wanting to drive back and forth and back and forth the 2.5 hours and then pay the parking fees to attend an event (not even BR’s “unofficial closing”…this year…hubby working, Sunny Boy has classes, we have so many pets to be let out, and this year a lack of a pass for the Bleachers. I never ask for a pass or invite…they just get sent or somebody will give me a “surprise”…I was so goo today not to sneak a peek at the tv…saving the marathon for Danny and I to watch together…remember he finished 8 in '85…(?).

First Danny called from work to tell me I dashed to the tv and turned it on…a few minutes later his Mom called to tell me to turn on the tv…My Beauty and I are happy we didn’t go this morning…I always second guess myself on Marathon Monday…though I have mostly stayed home…

Boston police reports that the explosions were bombs and they were in the trash cans. they also disabled two devices.

Recovered a bomb intact. …

This is all so surreal.

Watching Edward Davis Boston Police Chief…

A third incident at the JFK Library (which is not near the finish line…it’s in Dorchester)…they do not know if they are connected. 1800 494-tips to call with any information.

50 people injured

reports that runners are lining up at UMASS to give blood.

person of interest in custody…suicide bomber (?)

I feel as though a member of my family was violated. I feel so sad, so lost for words…watching the news…

An eight year old girl died…soo sad…

I was wrong…A little 8 year old boy died, not a little girl. My heart is in my throat…

and finished watching the news. I am so sorry for all those impacted and their families. And I am so relieved to see your posts Patti and Orville! I was concerned that you or your families might be there.

it’s all over the news here…we can get the Boston stations…and I am dvding it…

yeah, huh? I didn’t go…this year…ya’knwo as I was telling ZAT Boston is hard fro me…and many times it comes down to the laast moment for me to either go or stay home…and this morning…Danny asked if he should take my van to work… (meaning…are you going to the marathon)…I said no take it…Well all marathon time i was so restless in an out,raking some, second guessing myself about not going to the race, raking some more, then I had a visitor…somebody who NEVER comes over my house…she wanted some tea…so I made her tea and we had a delightful visit…I want back out…and the next thing Danny called and told me to put on the tv…

Ya;know, I dont’ know…I’m glad I’m home…if I had gone…I would have had MY Beauty with me…and I would have parked further away , which would have been good…but I would have either had been at the bleachers…no pass…so i would have gone to Marathon Sports (now that Billy’s store is closed)…right where the bomb went off…

been calling people that I know are theer…Billy for one…and no answer…so I dont’ know…