Earth Science

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/americas/05/…ref=igoogle_cnn

This was a great article. It also makes me feel a bit better for deciding to go into Wildlife Ecology as a major next year. Looks like it’ll be needed :frowning: / :slight_smile:

Lets be realistic here guys, there is not going to change soon enough to fix this. Thats a shame, but I feel like it is the truth. :frowning:

IGY 1957-58 was underway when I was in Jr HS and was the topic of ALL my elective papers and projects in JHS& HS.
From the science itself, to how people reacted socially to wintering-over in the Antartic thru the politics of nations joining for a common good-- a topic could be created for any course I had.

I was convinced then that the tipping point would come in my lifetime( and in my preteen wisdom actually felt we had already started on that irreversible downslope).
Nothing has changed my mind- my young friends be assured— you will witness the Geopolitical Global War for Oil
BUT
it will pale beside the inhumanity of the
WAR FOR POTABLE WATER
this will be the war that ends all wars… truely
only the cockroach will survive.

Originally posted by wineturtle@May 12 2010, 07:33 PM
[b] IGY 1957-58 was underway when I was in Jr HS and was the topic of ALL my elective papers and projects in JHS& HS.
From the science itself, to how people reacted socially to wintering-over in the Antartic thru the politics of nations joining for a common good-- a topic could be created for any course I had.

I was convinced then that the tipping point would come in my lifetime( and in my preteen wisdom actually felt we had already started on that irreversible downslope).
Nothing has changed my mind- my young friends be assured— you will witness the Geopolitical Global War for Oil
BUT
it will pale beside the inhumanity of the
WAR FOR POTABLE WATER
this will be the war that ends all wars… truely
only the cockroach will survive. [/b]

And the Norwegians. They already have their super apocalypse bunker full of seeds built up north and plenty of ice there to melt.