Do you like Coldplay?

I never have. When I was first introduced to their music way back when I felt like it was egging on drama queen females. A simple playlist could instantly become their long lost love soundtracks. Every song sounds the exact same. Some more whiny, others star gazing melancholy.

[Dramatic exhale, looking out the car window to watch the rain and listening to cold play] … oh nothing is wrong, nothing at all! You wouldn’t understand.

But here’s an ode to them for being stuck in my head today! I hate you Coldplay!

//youtu.be/zp7NtW_hKJI

I agree some lyrics just stick in your head and you can not seem to be able to out those earwigs.

Where have all the flowers gone?
Long time passing.
Long time ago.
The girls have picked them every one.
Oh, When will you ever learn?
Oh, When will you ever learn?

Young girls
They’ve taken husbands every one.

Young men
They’re all in uniform.

Soldiers
They’ve gone to graveyards every one.

Graveyards
They’re covered with flowers every one.

Flowers
Young girls have picked them every one.

Whenever I hear anyone ask this question, I always think back to that one scene with Paul Rudd and Seth Rogen in the 40 Year Old Virgin…

They definitely have some catchy songs, I don’t know if I “like” any. I think there’s been one or two (I don’t remember the names) that got me to look deeper into their other songs, and I didn’t like what I found. Mostly for the reasons listed by the OP.

Chris Martin’s singing reminds me of Prince Herbert.

//youtu.be/aNaXdLWt17A

I think they are alright. Some of their songs are really good, in moderation. The Napoleon Bonaparte song is really catchy. Viva La Vida.

Coldplay sucks. I mean they were ok in 2001, but now it’s just pathetic. I can’t believe they were nominated for a Grammy, which really just tells you how valuable Grammys are.

Grammys aka the what gets the most radio airplay awards. I can’t believe people still take them seriously.

no (The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters.)

I think they are a good band. Viva la Vida was their pinnacle. Mylo Xyloto had some good songs but that was the album when they started going downhill. In my mind they have been the 2000’s U2 and with their most recent album they lost that sound.