Milwaukee King
@ Lincoln Park

Mukwonago
@ Mukwonago Athletic Complex

Stevens Point
@ Standing Rocks Park

Sectional Results

I love those maps.

Getting ahead of myself by a week and looking at State, D1 Girls could have two undefeated freshmen in Genevieve Nashold (Madison West) and Roisin Willis (SPASH) among the favorites and likely the favorites, plus another in Riley Collett (Fond du Lac) who hasn’t finished lower than second, has really dropped her times since the beginning of the season, and measured Fauske by 25 seconds at FVA. And a fourth, Lauren Pansegrau (Middleton), is definitely in the top ten conversation, although I don’t think she ran all that well at Big 8. Obviously, there are top freshmen girls every year, but this crop seems better than most years, at least at the top.

And with the Kates of Muskego finally competing, the D1 Girls team battle should be really good.

Collet and Fauske were stride for stride until about 400 to go when Fauske faded and eventually collapsed before the finish. Collet undoubtedly would have won but the margin would have been much smaller. Still a strong win and handily over edwardson who was very strong at midwest.