Continuing with Random Thoughts

other thoughts on the 1960s

only in America
land of opportunity–
can they save a seat in the back of the bus just for me

only in America
where they preach the Golden Rule–
will they start to march when my kids go to school

An example of lyrics that were removed from a song because of the politics associated with running a record label
simply put
they were too racially volatile.

this song is 50 years old this month

Just found out Delano Meriwethers daughter Nana was Miss USA 2012.

One nanometer is about as long as your fingernail grows in one second

people write all sorts of weird stuff about their running accomplishments on the internet ----

Pioneered the running and winning of first womans marathon in LA in l984 and was the first woman amatuer athlete hired by a major company /// and elite runner in hunderds of races across America has a unique view on life and sports,

While trawling the dairy boards a friend remarked “Two cattle terms I always confuse are maverick and freemartin.” .

–thanks MD :wink:

I occasionally watch baseball on TV. Last nights Red Socks v. Astros game was a great game of baseball.

frommilesplit

17:44.86 runner wins sectionals

7. Tie-Breakers

It’s the definition of a full team race. Tied through 5 runners, the tie-breaker is decided on the 6th man. That’s what happened in Section 9 Class A, as Warwick’s 6th man finishes in 17:44.86 over Washingtonville’s 6th man at 17:45.75. The final score stands at 54, with Warwick getting the nod. Warwick had 19 straight Sectional titles before Monroe-Woodbury ended that streak last year. Now, Warwick is looking to restart it with 1

im going to start exercising again after a long absence due to medical and other issues next week. i dont even think ive used my standing desk in 6 months. god help me.

howve ya been winteturtle?

In spite of the ministrations of a gaggle of medical professionals I remain alive.

Glad you are toes up with option of moving them!

Go [quote=“SprintsFTW19, post:91, topic:19612, full:true”]
im going to start exercising again after a long absence due to medical and other issues next week. i dont even think ive used my standing desk in 6 months. god help me.

howve ya been winteturtle?
[/quote]

Go slowly at first my friend

Getting old is not for sissies!

Old age ain’t no place for sissies.”
― Is that really a Bette Davis original quote or one from when in character?

Happy Turkey Day!

Back at you geds and the rest of our tracktalk.net family

Hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas holiday and has a safe celebration of New Years!

I also.