Continuing with Random Thoughts

Since the random thread filled and was closed. What the hey - we’ll just start another continuation thread…

Just had an exciting week - the heat pump died and while we are replacing it we decided to replace the hot water heater too…it is only $$$$$$…and $$$$$$ we had not expected to be shelling out now! Ouch!

VALENTINES DAY

http://www.npr.org/2011/02/14/133693152/the-dark-origins-of-valentines-day

Sybil Danning
Agostina Belli
Virna Lisi
Marilù Tolo

Birthday Gal !!

Happy! Happy!

Haven’t posted on the playground in awhile since tracktalk has become spiketalk, but figured some of the OG posters would care to know that it looks like I’m going to become a chemistry teacher sometime in the next couple years.

Congrats! I know you’ve suffered a while waiting for a position…sounds like the work and wait is going to pay off! Will this be for a college or high school? Will you be able to work with the track team there too? Good coaches are hard to come by!

You’ve probably got me confused with someone else on the “suffering waiting for a position” haha. I’m still in college working on my degree, but according to the advisors here chem teacher in NYS are in high demand. My eventual goal is to definitely work at a high school and work with the track team at whatever school I end up at :slight_smile:

Congrats and good luck none the less!

Congrats man! Chemistry’s not easy. I hope for your students sake you don’t wind up teaching orgo

Probably not, most high schools don’t have orgo. I’m also going to get certified in biology, but from what I understand New York is at a major loss for chemistry teachers, so if I’m certified in chemistry I’m more or less “sealing my fate” haha.

Glad to see you posting. The Elite board is still visited and I often post links on College and HS Elite. rejoin us.
Glad to hear school is going well and glad to hear you are thinking about teaching here in NYS.
Best

A question posed to members of an online panel site

Click N’ Pick
Do you belong to any websites or online panels where you regularly answer surveys for rewards or fun?
the answer summary :
11%Yes, I belong to one
8%Yes, I belong to more than one
12%I used to but I don’t anymore
69%No and I never have

https://img.clipartfest.com/9f7bd70e4c07ac340ca34c2c0cd648b4_scratching-head-clipart-images-thinking-guy-clipart_678-1646.gif

RIP CHUCK BERRY

Chuck-Berry-Four-Tops-Rare-Carnegie-Hall-Concert-Poster-Handbill
I had the great pleasure to work with Gary Keys on this concert.

His guitar lines wired the lean twang of country and the bite of the blues into phrases with both a streamlined trajectory and a long memory. And tucked into the lighthearted, telegraphic narratives that he sang with such clear enunciation was a sly defiance, upending convention to claim the pleasures of the moment.
In “Sweet Little Sixteen,” “You Can’t Catch Me” and other songs, Mr. Berry invented rock as a music of teenage wishes fulfilled and good times (even with cops in pursuit). In “Promised Land,” “Too Much Monkey Business” and “Brown Eyed Handsome Man,” he celebrated and satirized America’s opportunities and class tensions. His rock ’n’ roll was a music of joyful lusts, laughed-off tensions and gleefully shattered icons.

Believe it or not between 1965 and 1969, this group spent more weeks in the UK Singles Chart than the Beatles.

It really is hard to believe, isn’t it.

Skating a marathon
Men- 58:10 Bart Swinger
Women 67:44 Manon Kamminga

I did not know they held skating marathons with 5000+ participants

EDIT—INLINE SKATING ON LAND

Big lakes!

Oooh !! Ooooh !! I know the Fresh Five
Superior, Victoria, Huron, Michigan and Tanganyika
Arual was on the list when I learned them in the '50s but mans intervention has turned a goodly part of it into the Aralkum Desert.
The Caspian Sea is salty and the debate of Sea or Lake continues on a political level.

I was referring to your statement: “I did not know they held skating marathons with 5000+ participants” - big lakes…