Conference Results

Some meets have taken place or will tonight. But most are going to fall between Thursday and Saturday.

Badger North - Led by Jacob Burgener (17:38) DeForest goes 1-2-3-4 and finishes out with 23pts
Badger South - Charlie Ellenbecker (16:29) leads D1 Monona Grove over D2 powerhouse Monroe 29-61
Bay - Luke Bailey wins in 16:38 while Seymour edges out New London, Xavier and Green Bay East 73-74-75-75
Big East - Led by Ian Ison Cedar Grove-Belgium puts 3 in the top ten to lift the Rockets over Reedsville 49-57
Big Eight - Finn Gessner 15:04, top five all under 16:00, Madison West beats Middleton 56-57 with 5 under 17
Big Rivers - ECM’s Zac Sather (16:38) over Max Ball (16:47) Hudson puts all 7 in the top fifteen for 28pts
Capitol North - Mitchell Georgi (16:47) leads Lakeside Lutheran to 31pts over Luther Prep (60) and Lodi (67)
Capitol South - Lucas Caminiti (16:52) wins while Deerfield/Cambridge records narrow win over Wisconsin Heights 41-44
Central Wisconsin - Pacelli’s Thomas Basala upsets Rosholt’s Adam Rzentkowski 16:28-16:34 while Rosholt wins over Amherst 47-52
Classic Eight - Cole Sandvold (15:48) led Arrowhead to 5 top twleve finishes for 31pts over Waukesha North (66pts) and Muskego (77pts)
Cloverbelt - McDonell Central’s Isaac Bohaty wins in 17:59 while Altoona puts 5 in the top ten for 27pts
Coulee - David Vannucchi (16:51) leads Luther to 58-65 win over Viroqua
Dairyland - Dan Lau (17:24) takes individual crown while Augusta puts 5 in top twelve for 39pts
Dunn-St. Croix - Wesley Brantner (17:38.5) leads Durand who put 6 in the top ten for 20pts
East Central - Kyle Miller of Waupun wins individual title in 16:42 while Ripon edges Plymouth by 1pt (64-65)
Eastern Wisconsin - Clarke Otte (15:53) takes individual crown while Valders puts 4 in the top ten for 32pts
Fox River Classic - Tannor Wagner takes individual crown with 15:25 while Preble puts 5 in the top ten for 31pts to Bay Port’s 58
Fox Valley Association - Matt Meinke wins in 15:58 over Isaac Benz (16:04) while Neenah puts 4 in the top ten for 38pts to Kimberly’s 61
Great Northern - Kav FitzPatrick (16:27) caps Lakeland’s 1-3-4-5 finish for 24pts; Northland Pines beats Medford Area on 6th runner (67pts)
Greater Metro - Michael Swope (16:45) and Evan Selin (16:46) go 1-2 to lead Hamilton 43-58-69 over Tosa East and Marquette
Heart O’North - Northwestern takes Bloomer 55-70; Junior Donny Pooler of Northwestern wins by 13s in 16:35
Indian Trails - Individual Champion David Bronner (17:55) leads University Lake to 22-34 win over St. Anthony
Indianhead - Solon Springs puts 7 in the top twenty and wins 42-53 over Drummond
Lake Superior (MN) - Superior 3rd (99), Ashland 4th (102); Miller twins go 2-3 (Maury 16:57, Walker 17:20)
Lakeland - Ruiz records big win over Binfet 16:39-17:00 while Unity beats Webster in the team standings 41-45
Marawood - Assumption’s Connor Dolan beats Athens’ Josh Langteau 16:15-16:19 as Chequamegon puts 5 in the top twelve for 35pts
Marinette & Oconto - Not held
Metro Classic - Christian Lesac 17:20 over Ben Scopp while KSJ (29) puts 5 in the top eleven to defeat Prairie School (41)
Middle Border - New Richmond’s Dylan Wachtel wins individually in 17:33, Osceola puts 5 in top twenty to score 59pts
Midwest Classic - Michael Axtman (17:03) leads Living Word over Lake Country Lutheran 35-65
Milwaukee City - Led by Corey Thornton (16:52) Milwaukee King’s scored perfect with top eight finishes.
Mississippi Valley - Sam Pinkowski wins in 15:52 while Onalaska upsets La Crosse Logan 39-46
North Eastern - Travis Reiter (16:07) 40s win leads Freedom (56) over Oconto Falls (58) and Luxemburg-Casco (75)
North Shore - Drew Bosley (15:44) and Thomas Miller (16:16) go 1-2 and lead Homestead over Germantown 43-62
Northern Lakes - Tannor Moris (17:34) leads Crandon who put 7 in the top twelve for 20pts.
Packerland - Jacob Wahlers (16:20) leads Algoma over Southern Door 63-71
Ridge & Valley - Not held
Rock Valley - Jefferson’s Rylee Miller (16:39) upsets McFarland’s Chris Pahnke (16:50), McFarland 45-68 over East Troy
Scenic Bluffs - Isaac Bachmann of Bangor narrowly beats Dakota Wells of Hillsboro 17:26.21-17:26.49; Brookwood over Hillsboro 38-39
Six Rivers - Not held
South Central - Miguel Mathias (16:40) of Nekoosa records 58s win while Mauston narrowly beats Wautoma 59-26 in team scoring
Southeast - Ansel Fellman (16:22) leads Kenosha Bradford to 53-86 win over Racine Horlick
Southern Lakes - Westosha Central’s Sheel Patel (16:41) claims individual title while Waterford defeats Badger 45-49
Southwest Wisconsin - RV’s Dustin Hatfield (16:13) wins individually while Dodgeville/MP puts 5 in the top ten for 31pts to Platteville’s 49
SWAL - Led by Payton Heinberg (17:04) Darlington goes 1-2-3 and puts 6 in the top ten for 21pts
Trailways - Wesley Schiek wins easily in 16:17, Princeton/Green Lake captures team title with 53pts
Wisconsin Flyway - Led by Dillon Heise (16:45.90) Omro goes 1-2-3 and places 6 in the top eight (17:10 and under) for 19pts
Wisconsin Little Ten - Brian Jacques (15:54) over WBW’s Luke G (15:59) and Jaden Salinas (16:04) to lead Ocon 55-59 over WBW
Wisconsin Valley - Derek Franz (16:26) leads SPASH to 6 top ten finishes for 22 points
Woodland - Jordan Janusiak (16:03) and Chris Sobczak (16:11) go 1-2 to lead SM to victory with 33pts over Pewaukee (65) and Shorewood (68)

I think Big Eights are going to be almost a mini-state meet. Throw out some predictions!

I have to go with the Regents for various reasons. Consistency at this big meet over the years, balance, and depth. I will go with Lafollette for second place, Middleton for third place( not having seen Middleton run healthy for a few weeks I put them in some trouble), Sun Prairie for forth, Madison Memorial for fifth, (Verona, Madison East, and Janesville Craig will battle for 6th with Craig having some advantage with their #1), Janesville Parker 9th, Beloit 10th. Will try and get some photos of this classic conference race.

FRCC tonight at Colburn Park
FVA tonight at Countryside Golf Course

It’s going to be 52, sunny and with a slight chill. Calling it now we will see some ridiculous time from Wagner at Colburn Park. 15:0xs or better. Will be interesting if Matt Meinke is running or not. If he does, Countryside is one of the fastest courses in the state and probably a @westharrier 1.0 course rating. Meinke could be in the 15:20s if he runs.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/neenah-wi/54956/weather-forecast/341490

PT timing must have the C team out at Hartford tonight.

I heard that the golf course there didn’t have wifi? No excuse for this though. Jacques won the boys individual with WBW Guttormson second, and Salinas in 3rd, Fasbender fro Slinger in 4th, not sure on team title yet, nor the girls info

Ya I’m not sure why results still aren’t up! Race has been done for hours! Oconomowoc won but not by much. WBW gave them quite the scare, by one coaches calculations it was dead even with 200 left. Ocon just finished better and won by 5 points. For individuals, Jacques edged Guttormson for the win by maybe 5 seconds. Salinas was right behind Guttormson followed by Fassbender. Good team battle! On the girls side Wisco took the team title, I think Ocon took second.

PT Sliming strikes again…I don’t think they understand the concept of continuous improvement.

There must be a MAD rush for the JV results because they keep uploading only that specific set.

http://pttiming.com/events/87929816

Conference results still at large tonight:

• Eastern Wisconsin (Roncalli)
  • Scenic Bluffs (Necedah)
  • Dunn-St. Croix (Mondovi)

(see first post for links to results)

Comments:

West Bend West restored my faith a little bit tonight. Jaden Salinas came up huge and gave WBW a very dangerous 1-2 combo but #4-7 are just too far back to hang with most of these other ranked D1 teams. They can get away with it at the WLT conference meet but not anywhere that has 40-50 kids between 16:40 and 17:20. I think Wisconsin Lutheran’s finish at the WLT reiterates my current assumption that the Vikings are not a #1 team and they may not even be a #5 team. Omro looked really good at their conference meet.

The only place Green Bay Preble runs well is at Colburn Park. I am still not sold on them.

Interested in any course changes to Kaukauna’s Countryside GC. Matt Meinke pulled it off but the times seem more modest than they do fast – or so I’d like to think. There’s good Neenah and bad Neenah. Good Neenah showed up today and held off a rising Kimberly.

Rylee Miller is emerging as a podium darkhorse in D2. This is a kid that deserves it and he scalped Pahnke tonight who has been having a really good season thus far.

Algoma’s Jacob Wahlers went 16:20 tonight but – no offense – those Packerland courses are just garbage. We know he’s good (4:24/9:34 to his name) but the only saving grace to his finish tonight is that he won by 50s.

Thomas Basala returned to form tonight and beat Rzentowski (9:44 freshman). This was a little unexpected but not surprising. Basala is a good runner and could have been a great runner at SPASH.

I think Tannor set a new course record at Colburn. Beating Elliot Krause’s record. Note I said “think”. Can anyone confirm??

I do agree with you on that. The 4-7 right now will have to be better when it comes around to state for WBW

No major course changes at contryside (fva). The course did get sloppy by the time the varsity races were run. You could take the flags down and follow a brown path around the course. The golf course itself does not drain that well and with the rain in the area Wednesday, was still pretty saturated.

@Titan90 tannor must be salivating. he hasn’t been pushed all season. not even a footnote about him in any national polls. the second fastest 3200 junior in Wisconsin history garnering zer0 respect.

He has my respect and I am guessing yours too.

Those national polls always screw us. Finn said the other day he thought milesplit was screwing him over because he said no to their public training log. Not the case. We may complain about fast courses but as a whole our flavor of xc is plainly more honest than in other places. Add to the fact these guys carry heavy biases. The same way their pretty charts won’t account for Brentwood (TN) every year because of their slower state meet course. Always happens.

We have three national top 12 candidates regardless of what the social pundits say. I think if we compare to history we have an Olin, a Scott Jenkins and Tannor is his own category based on track times. Then whose to say someone like Drew Bosley, Nate Farrell or Clark Otte couldnt pick off guys in the top 30. Also we don’t know what the immediate future holds for Vannucchi.

The year Ryan Kromer went 9th at NXN against “everyone” and then does it again two weeks later for 8th at Footlocker against “everyone else” and he only managed a #18 ranking. Did not make any sense.

I tell you what – you run 15:20-15:30 on the right day and it’s going to matter. Footlocker Midwest, Heartland Regional and both national meets. You will beat people with that consistency.

As far as I know the Southern Lakes Conference was the only conference meet tonight. Someone correct me if I am wrong. The other 24 should all be tomorrow.

Big 8 - Gessner blows away everyone in Mile 1, 15:05ish for victory. Gus, Farrell 2nd and 3rd. 5 runners break 16 at tough verona track.

Peyton Sippy wins girls race in 18:46, running neck and neck with Pringle until last 800!

@riplips great time by Finn. lots of depth. After this race I will say Finn and Tannor completes the narrative unless baby boz is all grown up in 2 weeks -