Snapshot of recent scores:
These were upsets in the first round:
No. 10 Minnesota 86, No. 7 Louisville 76
No. 12 Murray State 83, No. 5 Marquette 64
No. 10 Florida 70, No. 7 Nevada 61.
No. 10 Iowa 79, No. 7 Cincinnati 72
No. 13 UC Irvine 70, No. 4 Kansas State 64
No. 12 Oregon 72, No. 5 Wisconsin 54
No. 12 Liberty 80, No. 5 Mississippi State 76
No. 11 Ohio State 62, No. 6 Iowa State 59
But not all upsets are Cinderella stories. The only teams I could see as actual Cinderella teams are Murray State and Liberty as they are non-traditional powerhouses. UC-Irvine has 77000 applicants, 33000 students and between Los Angeles and San Diego meaning it is not all that surprising they have good players.
- Oregon beating Wisconsin - not that much of an upset
- Minnesota beating Lousiville - not much of an upset
- Florida beating Nevada - not much of an upset
- Ohio State beating Iowa State - not much of an upset
- Iowa beating Cincinatti - not much of an upset