California State Predictions

Season is coming closer and closer, who are you backing?

Division 1- Trabuco and Arcadia should be a great battle, but dont count out Dana Hills just yet!

Division 2- Pre season rankings show Loyola as the frontrunner with their top 10 returning from last year, with Glendora, Valencia, and even Claremont chasing them for the title!

Division 3- Granite Hills seems to be leading the pack as of now, but Palos Verdes also still has a great chance to repeat, With Golden Valley, Petaluma, and Campolindo all close enough to win!

Division 4- Looks wide open right now, with Laguna Beach, McFarland, and Harvard-Westlake leading the pack!

Division 5- Woodcrest Christian returns top 5 from their state championship season last year, with Flintridge Prep in striking distance!

Sadly, the pre-season #1 team in Division V, SF University, will be competing in Division IV this year due to a new rule that was passed by the NCS office. 3 section titles in a row and you move up.

DUMBEST rule in the world. Get punished for doing well. If the team wants to move up, that’s one thing. But being forced to move because you’re successful is absolutely ludicrous!!!

If we did that in the SS, Saugus would be competing at the college level in D1. Of course we’d get to go to the jr. high school. Hey, that’s not a bad idea, Yucca Valley-CA State Jr. High Champs. Has a nice ring to it. I wonder if we’d get invited to the NXN?:eek:

Rooting for Torrey Pines. Guys look like they are going to have a great season. They are trying to step out of the shadow of the girls. Expect great things by them.

I’d say St. John Bosco is the team to beat as of now. If I remember correctly, they have 5 under 10:00 (including 2 at 9:30) in the 3200 all returning, and they are always good in cross country.

However, if you bring up Granite Hills, you have to mention Brea Olinda. Their 4xmile team, led by 4:16 1600 runner Andrew Daedler, beat GH at the California Relays and at Arcadia, taking down Bosco and PV in the process. With 6 returning under 10:00 as well, they’re a team to watch.