Badger Track

I saw on Twitter that UW’s 2019 potential Heisman Trophy candidate, Jonathan Taylor, is going to contribute his talents to the track team at the Penn Relays this weekend. He was a 100 meter state champion in New Jersey a couple years ago so he should provide some much needed juice to the sprints squad this spring.

It’s hard to believe Big Tens are in two weeks already.

I think this should happen more often actually. Just as many from the upper echelon of sports did three sports in high school – football, basketball, track – they should be able to borrow athletes from those sports to compete in track while in college. Not only does their participation help reinforce the athletic superiority of the university but it also allows the athletes to micro-focus on basic fundamentals. CITIUS, ALTIUS, FORTIUS or to run faster, jump higher and become stronger. U-rah!

I agree! I don’t know that this has happened much if at all under Paul Chryst during his tenure. I think they have a handful of guys every year who did big things on the track in HS that could help out the track team quite a bit. I get the challenges in crossing over, but hopefully this becomes more of a trend as this time of year they’re winding down spring practice and classes are also winding down.

Morgan McDonald just won the Big 10 outdoor 10,000m in 29:26!!