Auburn speed

As we can see they are the favorites to win the 4x1 and should be. With Harry Adams the fav to take the 100m. If their 4 best sprinters run together a new NCAA record is a very real possibilty.

Auburn like Clemson just doesn’t get the respect it deserves when it comes to sprinting. A little Auburn speed history…

Stubby Cliff Outlin a 9.3 guy was the first nationally acclaimed Tiger speedster, then here came the great Harvey Glance. I’m thinking he was the first SEC Olympic sprinter. Could be wrong. Stanley Floyd was the top ranked 100m man in the world in 1980 despite no Olympics. Coby Miller another Olympian. Now add sub 10.00 Marc Burns from Trinidad. That gives Auburn three sub10.00 sprinters among their alum, sprint rich (historically) USC has…0. Obviously today it’s Adams, Rowland and Brock all at sub10.10.

So an All Time Auburn 100m would look like…

lane

1.Cliff Outlin…9.3
2.Keenan Brock…10.09
3.Coby Miller…sub10.00
4.Harry Adams…sub10.00
5.Harvey Glance…10.05
6.Stanley Floyd…10.03
7.Marcus Rowland…10.03
9.Marc Burns…sub10.00

Few schools compare to that and to have three of their all time best all they together, rare.

I do go with what a sprinter accomplished in a career.

Anyone interested in a particular school?

You sure like sprinting don’t you. Not that its a bad thing.

I was a sprinter/running back wayyyyyyyyyy back in the day. I also grew up out here in speed rich California. Just sorta fit.

Then I got into the history of things, yep…hobby…would fit. Actually have index cards (started back in the 60’s) on sprinters and schools. Pretty much have it covered:D

Also into the 110hh, 400m and the long jump.

Few things were more exciting growing up in central Cali can going to the West Coast Relays and watching the local favs speed rich Edison of Fresno in a high school 4x1 vs teams from all over the state. While the meet did have college, world class athletes there no event got the juices flowing like that HS 4x1.

9.3?

100y

The Gators of Florida have had some pretty decent 100m men.

Ditto The U of Houston, although their glory is well behind them.

Interestingly enough, Stanley Floyd spent only a year at Auburn before transferring to Houston.

Yep, both Florida and Houston have had their share of speedsters. Those fantasy 100m would look like this…

Houston

lane

1.Sam Jefferson…NCAA Champ
2.Kirk Baptiste 10.11
3.Stanley Floyd 10.03
4.Leroy Burrell…sub10.00
5.Carl Lewis…sub10.00
6.Joe DeLoach…10.03
7.Rich Edwards…10.2ish
8.Greg Illorson…10.2ish

Florida

lane

1.Terrel Wilkes…10.1ish
2.Aaron Armstrong 10.07?
3.Bernard Williams…sub10.00
4.Dennis Mitchell…sub10.00
5.John Capel…sub10.00
6.Daymon Carroll…10.2ish
7.Jeff Demps…10.01
8.Stanley Harris…10.2ish

A 4x1? (toss Clemson in there)

lane

1.Auburn…Stanley Floyd…Harvey Glance…Harry Adams…Marc Burns
2.Florida…Jeff Demps…Bernard Williams…Dennis Mitchell…John Capel
3.Houston…Kirk Baptiste…Leroy Burrell…Joe DeLoach…Carl Lewis
4.Clemson…Dwight Thomas…Jacoby Ford…Shawn Crawford…Travis Padgett

So who can tell me what school has had six sub10.00 sprinters among the alumni?