A new hero of mine

Clip of the justified tirade: http://newyorkblips.dailyradar.com/video/anthony-weiner-rips-apart-republicans-on-9-11health/

I know several firefighters/police officers who had to quit their job and have a difficult life because of medical complications due to the 9/11 tragedy. It is saddening/angering that it got voted down for the reasons that it did. That some people (both Democrat and Republicans) play politics on such sensitive issues. Sometimes politics needed to be left out and the right order should be put in place. It is exciting though to see someone who cares so much and go on such a passionate speech as Anthony Wiener (lol at his last name) did.

If you’re a fan, look up his appearances on the Daily Show/Colbert Report (not sure which he was on).

Just watched, he officially owns bones

Anthony Weiner appeared on The Daily Show back in early February of this year. He and John Stewart are good friends and Stewart has contributed donations to previous campaigns.

Good for him.

Peter King’s response. I agree with him that it may not have been the most prudent move to put the vote on the track for a 2/3rds vote, but at the same time I still can’t believe that it cannot get that.

It was not prudent. It was a Dem cop-out.

Off the top of my head, $7 billion sounds like an awful lot of money. How many people responded to the WTC terrorist attack?
I’ll guess 20,000 people who could have been hurt, which seems really high to me.
That would put the payout at $370,000 per person. Does THAT make any sense to anyone?

The whole thing sounds like another slush fund for Democrats to disperse at their discretion.

There were good reasons to oppose that bill: benefits for illegal and a hidden tax hike. Things aren’t always as they seem in Washington.

http://www.examiner.com/x-42296-DC-Political-Buzz-Examiner~y2010m7d31-Anthony-Weiners-tirade-is-just-another-political-stunt

The answer might come down to illegal immigration. One amendment Republicans were eager to present would have barred the bill from covering illegal immigrants sickened by Trade Center dust. Do illegal immigrants really deserve health benefits that should solely go to American citizens? The Democrats probably thought it would be better to take a chance on the bill failing than to be put on record supporting the illegal immigrants.

Another issue with the bill was how to pay for it. It is not hard to find $7.4 billion to cut in a $1.4 trillion federal budget. Democrats, however, wanted to save money by preventing foreign multinational corporations incorporated in tax haven countries from avoiding tax on income earned in the U.S. Why not put this in a separate bill? Republicans interpreted this as a tax increase.

I see this as closing an obvious tax loophole, but I suppose “tax hike” is another way of saying it. :rolleyes:

It’s good to see you coming around. Democrats see every dollar you get to keep as a tax loophole. :smiley:

Am I a foreign multinational all of a sudden?

A slush fund. Wow.

Yeah, and the funds will probably be dispersed to what are nothing but Democrats that were lost and suffered during 9/11.

Always calls about “the soldiers” and yet we let the soldiers come back to the states and get half-assed care. Now we turn a blind eye on 9/11 victims?

Continuing to keep it real

//youtu.be/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IJDQCYMM-A&feature=player_embedded

I love Anthony Weiner.

It’s a sad day when sincerity, such as that displayed by Rep. Weiner, is mocked.

This is why I hate politics.

Yes, it makes sense. Medical coverage, in general, is very expensive. Getting treated for things like leukemia, due to mercury poisoning from the breaking of millions of compact fluorescent light bulbs for instance, is even more expensive.

The whole thing sounds like another slush fund for Democrats to disperse at their discretion.
I think that’s a fair and balances assessment of the bill. Republicans’ slush fund is found here:

There were good reasons to oppose that bill: benefits for illegal and a hidden tax hike. Things aren’t always as they seem in Washington.
Precisely. What were those illegals thinking, rushing into a collapsing building like that, or digging through rubble for weeks to find dead colleagues? They are so foolish.

The answer might come down to illegal immigration. One amendment Republicans were eager to present would have barred the bill from covering illegal immigrants sickened by Trade Center dust. Do illegal immigrants really deserve health benefits that should solely go to American citizens? The Democrats probably thought it would be better to take a chance on the bill failing than to be put on record supporting the illegal immigrants.

Another issue with the bill was how to pay for it. It is not hard to find $7.4 billion to cut in a $1.4 trillion federal budget. Democrats, however, wanted to save money by preventing foreign multinational corporations incorporated in tax haven countries from avoiding tax on income earned in the U.S. Why not put this in a separate bill? Republicans interpreted this as a tax increase.
Foxnews alert…

Me too. Although we disagree on, I don’t know, just about everything really respect his passion and knowledge of procedure.

Not sure if this was directed at me but if you are, I am not mocking him but rather mocking the rest of Democrat for not standing up for justice and what they believe in

He’s talking about the speaker in that video, not you.
At least that’s what I got.

Bump for #weinergate.

This whole thing is retarded. He got hacked and people are freaking out. You think the press would cover it this much of Sarah Palin’s twitter and hacked and someone sent a picture of her penis to someone?