34th NJCTC Bernie MaGee XC Class Meet

Schools attending (per Cherokee discussion)

Abraham Clark
Academy of Saint Elizabeth
Bayonne High School
Benedictine Academy
Bergen Catholic
Bonnie Brae High School
Bound Brook
Bridgewater-Raritan HS
Chatham High School
Cliffside Park
Columbia
Delaware Valley Reg H S
Delbarton
DePaul Catholic High Scho
Edison High School
Elizabeth High School
Essex County Vo Tech
Franklin High Schol
Governor Livingston
Hackettstown Tigers
Hudson Catholic
Hunterdon Central High School
Immaculata H.S.
Jonathan Dayton High School
Lincoln
Lyndhurst High School
Matawan Regional H.S
Mendham High School
Middlesex High School
Montville Twp. HS
Newark East Side
North Hunterdon High School
North Plainfield High School
Notre Dame
Palisades Park High School
Phillipsburg High School
Piscataway High School
Red Bank Catholic
Ridge High School
Roselle Catholic
Rumson - Fair Haven Reg. HS
Saint Peter’s Prep
Saint Vincent Academy
Sayreville
Scotch Plains-Fanwood
Somerville
South Brunswick
Spotswood High School
St Joseph Metuchen
St. Benedict’s
St. Dominic Academy
Stuart Country Day
Summit High School
Toms River South
Union Catholic High School
Union City High School
University Academy Charter
Villa Walsh
Warren Hills Regional High Sch
Watchung Hills HS
West Essex High School
Westfield
Weequahic
William L Dickinson
Woodbridge High School

We’re not in that race but I think that is great!! I’d like to see this every weekend. It would help coaches and create a lot of discussion. Thanks!!

I will try to update before meets as long as rosters get in on time :rolleyes:

Full Results by Class

Great job of getting the results out fast. South Brunswick looks pretty good on the boys side. Doesn’t CBA usually send a bunch of runners to this meet?

Thanks,
Haven’t seen a CBA team at the meet in years. I think they typically only come up for the NJCTC Championships (Sectional Weekend) now. CBennett can provide insight here but think they typically open up at Shore Coaches or another big meet around that timeframe.

This year CBA is sending a squad to the Stewart Memorial Meet. Full list of teams attending should be out mid week.

CBA ran a team at the Battle at Ocean County Park. I never recall them at Bernie MaGee.

I was Bernie Magee champion in 1990.

Like I said, they never run Bernie MaGee!!!:smiley:

I was mistaken. I was Stewart memorial champ in 1990.

But I was 8th at Magee.

The young guys ran that meet fairly regularly until the mid 90s, then started going to st Dominic academy meet for a while.

Then started going down to ocean.

I was 8th in the freshman race at Stewart in 1966!

CBA actually ran Season Opener at Darlington three times between 1995 and 2002. Ridgewood beat them in 2002

I do not generally follow the boys cross country results, but in doing so more closely this season, and attempting to pick a runner of the week, I was looking at some past performances from Magee class races, verses what Dave Mugavero ran this past Saturday. For full disclosure, I do coach at North Hunterdon, but I do not coach the boys or have any involvement with them, so I was looking at this from an outside perspective; although interested because it is a North kid.

The two most recent performances that were in line with Mugavero’s were Jack Leahy from Westfield who ran 16:16 at Magee in 2011, and Matt McDonald, also of North who ran 16:15 at the 2010 Magee meet. Both did so as seniors in their respective years. Although others have run faster at the Magee meets in those years, I cite these two performances relative to Mugavero’s just because they are nearly identical to what he ran. Both of those guys ended up being sub-16 minute guys at the MOC, with Leahy going 15:50, and McDonald going 15:31. My point is not a grand insight, but I am simply saying, that Mugavero certainly seems to be on the right track to join the sub-16 club, and maybe even more.

Rumor has it there were only eight runners in the race that year!
Most of the other schools couldn’t get a stagecoach to take them
to the meet!

There were at least 10 because when I hit the track I was in 10th and my coach screamed at me and chased me around the track shouting that there were guys about to pass me. I passed two; when I finished and turned around there was no one on the track behind those two guys I passed.

That’s how gullible I was. But you do know that he can scream really well.