2014 USATF indoors

Nia Ali (Pleasantville) just ran 7.94 in the semis, leading all hurdlers into the finals later today.

She is world #1 at 7.88 from last week.

Robby Andrews 1:48.12 leads all qualifiers in the 800 final later today (not that it means much, but at least he got through to the final).

Andrews took second to Sowinski in 1:48.44

better than last year

man, I thought Ajee was too far back of Price on the final turn, but she got her.

ballsy runner

2:00.43 to 2:00.48 for Price

indoor PR for Ajee? I think

45.92 for Clayton parros for 5th.

wow! nia ali 7.80!

that’s #5 in U.S. history for Nia Ali

Actually, Andrews was second last year as well… 1.3 secs faster than this year

Nia Ali also moved into the #16 spot on the all-time world list

hey king - yeah, I meant just generally he’s been better than last year so far, but you’re right, he did have a really good race last year at indoor nationals, then couldn’t build on it

Roob, actually I think last year went better than this or close anyways

He had two disastrous miles this year and a really soft 1000M

Last year he was second in this and almost ran AR at 1000M

I guess a toss up

I know it’s not a big deal with Ali, Andrews and Ajee but another A athlete from New Jersey made a memorable debut this weekend at Nats.

Former Ramapo College (and Ramapo High School) jumper Anita Rogers jumped 20-7 to finish seventh in the long jump. She has a remarkable story that included getting adopted by a Ramapo College professor practically from homelessness before her senior year of high school.

She had a solid senior year at Ramapo H.S. (mostly as a triple jumper) and had a great career at Ramapo College where she a multiple time D3 All-American in the jumps and the dash.

And she’s a sweet kid too.

Congratulations Anita.

great stuff, Paul

I love those kinds of stories