2013 Cross Country

Never too early to get this started.
Going to be another great year!

[B]Public School XC Classifications

[/B]Note: Ecumenical Classifications will be published after Tournament entries are received.

Maybe I missed it, but is there any decision on that Holmdel survey?

I believe that it was strongly in favor of staying. I’ll check in with Don

Lou Fraulo does the timing for the Group Meet and MOC and he told me that they are staying in Holmdel this year.

All teams have been updated by Classification in the NJR data base

Is the Park Ridge/Emerson co-op over?? Looking at this list (http://www.njsiaa.org/NJSIAA/12coopprograms.pdf) and it says theirs expires in 2013, but Emerson doesn’t appear anywhere in the listings. Henry Hudson & Keyport’s co-op also says it expired for girls XC, and both schools are listed separately in Central Group I. Was Emerson just omitted, what’s the process with that stuff??

Oh, I guess it’s possible that Emerson dropped XC then. But does Paterson Charter School have XC?

[quote=SPF<3;427645]Is the Park Ridge/Emerson co-op over?? Looking at this list (http://www.njsiaa.org/NJSIAA/12coopprograms.pdf) and it says theirs expires in 2013, but Emerson doesn’t appear anywhere in the listings. Henry Hudson & Keyport’s co-op also says it expired for girls XC, and both schools are listed separately in Central Group I. Was Emerson just omitted, what’s the process with that stuff??

Oh, I guess it’s possible that Emerson dropped XC then. But does Paterson Charter School have XC?[/quote]

Not sure if this is what you are looking for

For your 1st point, this is the NJSIAA statement on co-op programs;
http://www.njsiaa.org/NJSIAA/CoopLetter2013.pdf

Paterson Charter is on the XC (sport specific) listing, so I guess they plan to field a team

Hope that helps

[quote=SPF<3;427645]Is the Park Ridge/Emerson co-op over?? Looking at this list (http://www.njsiaa.org/NJSIAA/12coopprograms.pdf) and it says theirs expires in 2013, but Emerson doesn’t appear anywhere in the listings. Henry Hudson & Keyport’s co-op also says it expired for girls XC, and both schools are listed separately in Central Group I. Was Emerson just omitted, what’s the process with that stuff??

Oh, I guess it’s possible that Emerson dropped XC then. But does Paterson Charter School have XC?[/quote]

The answer to both is Yes. Emerson/PR is a coop. It was approved in our NJIC meeting in March, but just may not be updated by NJSIAA. I will however, check my meeting notes to make certain. (revised 8:07pm - I just checked my files and they were approved for coop in March by NJIC and paperwork was filed with NJSIAA)

Paterson Charter indeed is going to have a cross country team. In fact, they agreed to join a quad meet that we are (Secaucus) hosting on September 10th.
They are going to become NJIC members in 2014-15 school year and are starting a number of varsity sports this year. XC being one of them.

Thanks to both of you!

So I assume that’s something that needs to be updated? Last year Park Ridge/Emerson was listed with an enrollment of 506, this year only Park Ridge appears with an enrollment of 300.

Probably wouldn’t cause a shift, just something I noticed. Thanks again, cool to see Paterson Charter is starting up a team.

You are correct. Park Ridge/Emerson is still a co-op with 561 enrollment and I also forgot a Gateway/Woodbury co-op with 713 enrollment. This caused changes (1 school in each group or section moving) in North I, Central, and South Groups I and II. The revised lists won’t be posted on NJSISA for a while (Kim handles our web and is on vacation), but I will send Pat the new lists. Thanks for noticing the oversite. Co-ops have to be placed into the system manually, and since most sports do not have them, I don’t alway remember to add them.

Don,
Could you post the changes that occurred as a result of the co-ops being added? Thanks!

If it brought a better team into N1 G1, forget I said anything. :wink:

My guess would be Pequannock replaces Park Ridge/Emerson
Second school to move would be Kinnelon.

Data base updated
Thanks Don

Revised Classification Lists

Looks like this is the final revision

2013 XC Classifications

NJR data base is updated

Time to start looking at the 2013 New Jersey XC season.
Starting with Sectional Virtual Meets and ending with the 8th annual Preseason Rankings, check out our preview material @ [B]AlongTheFence.net

[/B]

Cool, Thanks Pat

Thanks Kev.
Are you a lawyer yet?

technically

Terrific!
Congratulations